Trapped in a triangle

ar81

Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
After being the maker of Mesh Wizard it becomes ironic to say I was trapped in a triangle... but not a 3D triangle.

I wondered why I usually got into trouble for trying to help.
I have been told here "why do you promote your tutorials" and probably people think I am a show-off jerk while indeed I had a strong drive to help.

I discovered that there is something called "drama triangle"
The Drama Triangle: Persecutor, Victim and and Rescuer
I play rescuer usually.
Urwumpe loves to play Persecutor to move me from rescuer to victim.

I already was victim when I was harassed for months by the fraudsters of CCSS-Fischel scandal. So I became rescuer for I did not want to be victim or persecutor. And Urwumpe did a great job making me to revive my old days of harassment with his poking comments. I should not feel annoyed by him, but I was becuase I am still trapped in the triangle.

This is a sick triangle if you ask me, where I am sure Urwumpe was not aware of his taste for persecutor role and how much harm he did to me as he suceeded in turning me back to the victim role again. I should not have been harmed, if I had discovered how to get out of the triangle. He did not help, but I do not blame him, for he is trapped too.

So I decided to try to set free from the triangle. It is sad to know I have been trapped in a triangle all my life. I really got tired of that triangle. No more psychological meshes on my life. :lol:

Eagle

The Amazing Flying Tuna Can
Reaction score
Dude, you sound like you need a hug. Go get one from somebody. Internet hugs aren't good enough.

See if you can escape that victim mentality. Its poisonous. Besides you're not a victim, you are ar81 tutorial and mesh wizard.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
*hugs ar81*

Call it a start. Come on people, somebody needs some love here. :angel:

ar81

Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
*hugs ar81*

Call it a start. Come on people, somebody needs some love here. :angel:

Same to you. We are not responsible of things until we do until we are aware of things. :cheers:

Dude, you sound like you need a hug. Go get one from somebody. Internet hugs aren't good enough. See if you can escape that victim mentality. Its poisonous. Besides you're not a victim, you are ar81 tutorial and mesh wizard.

I accept hugs as non victim.
I do not want to be trapped in the triangle anymore...
I only regret to have discovered that until now...

Do you have a tool (like a hammer) to break the triangle?? :lol:

triangle%20optical%20illusions.jpg

Xantcha

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hey, don't quit triangle before you tried persecutor role! Lots of fun and unique expirience guaranteed!

But seriously - Your posts starting to worry me - Don't take forum-discussions so personal. I don't want to see a member of orbiter community sunk into depression. We are so few after all :-/

And I can't really help you nor can I give you a hug.
It's all up to you ;-)

Last edited:

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
To ar81, I use a lot of your contribution, all the time.

N.

ar81

Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
It is not just the posts.
Things have gone wrong lately.
Falling from absolute glory to absolute failure at work after the email incident.
It is like a reentry without shield... a sky high deluxe vessel turned into burning debris.

But WTH... I will fly high again some day.
I hope not to be too old when that happens.

Last edited:

Eagle

The Amazing Flying Tuna Can
Reaction score
Life is too short to worry. With the fraud mess, you did nothing wrong and people know that.

If you're worried about getting a new job, I suggest you take this quote from Charlie in the Chocolate Factory:
Grandpa George said:
There's plenty of money out there. They print more and more everyday. But that ticket? There are only five of them in the whole world, and that's all there's ever going to be. Only a dummy would give this up for something as common as money. Are you a dummy?
(emphasis in original)

Cheer up, be happy, and live. :)

Linguofreak

Reaction score
гтшйгу

Is that *really* a Russian word? There are six letters there, and only one of them is a vowel. What's more, its the last one, so you have to wade through five consonants to get to it. "gtshygu". I thought I had made quite an accomplishment when I finally managed to get my tongue around "В Квебеке".

Can even a Russian pronounce "гтшйгу"?

James.Denholm

Addon ponderer
Reaction score
If you're worried about getting a new job, I suggest you take this quote from Charlie in the Chocolate Factory:

Also, Pablo, note how Eagle subtly mentioned chocolate. That's easily the best cure for depression. Lots and lots of chocolate...

On a more serious side, Pablo, remember. We are always here for you. We may well be millions of miles away, but always remember, if you ever need emotional support, we can provide it. Partially. You will fly again, and it will be soon.

In the meantime, I'm giving you permission to use the mob in order to "rough up" Uwurmple if he gives you a hard time again.

Let's start the therapy. *gives hug through internet*

And remember, there are times when we are all stuck in the triangle. Sometimes we think we have broken free, however we have not. But he who has left that prison behind him, he is surely the happiest person in the world.

So take these hurdles as merely that, challenges that are there to test you. We all know that they all can be beaten. All challenges can be broken. Sometimes, they may seem hard, but they are not.

Xantcha

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Well since it's not *just* about post... There is definetly no way I could help you with anything thats not about 'posts'. All I can do is hope, that you manage to fix your problems in life. Good luck there :)

As for 'posts' part - just as I said - just not to take it too personal. Most of the times people are not trying to offend you (at least in that forum). And even when they do - it's silly to be offended. Just look at this example:

Poster A writes: I'm gonna hurt you!
Poster B agrees: Ok, you hurt me. I'm really offended now.

2 Linguofreak: Ah.. sorry for that. It was just wrong keyboard layot - fixed that.

2 James.Denholm: 'But he who has left that prison behind him, he is surely the happiest person in the world'.
This sounds frightening :)

Hashy

Reaction score
your cool ar81, i hope your ok man.

do some gardening, always makes me feel better =)

GregBurch

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Hey, Pablo! You know, you drive me nuts sometimes with some of the things you post. I know I must drive a lot of people around here nuts, too, with the things I post.

But whatever else, as part of this community, you've done some solid and very creative work. I obviously spend WAY too much of my personal time working on Orbiter addons and then hanging around here. For good or ill, though, Orbiter is a big part of a "secret life" for me. And your work has contributed a great deal to that life for me.

Mesh Wizard is just a fantastic "workbench" for so many important tasks -- it's over-all interface is well thought out, and the specific tools included in it are world-class in terms not only of their execution, but also in their conception in terms of thinking through what developers need and want. It's allowed me to save dozens of hours of frustrating trial and error, and to do things like off-axis animations I could never get right before. This has all fed back positively into my design work, because with Mesh Wizard, I know I can accomplish things "downstream" from the basic design phase that were beyond my capabilities before.

So, next time you're feeling down, take a deep snort of positive feelings from me and all the other addon developers whose work has been significantly improved by your work.

You know, back when I was just starting out as a lawyer, one of my main mentors had something he'd say when something bad would happen in one of the cases we were working on: "Well, they can kill us, but they can't eat us!" It never failed to cheer me up.

Years went by before I really thought about what he was saying. When I did, I realized it didn't make any sense at all: In fact they COULD eat us after they killed us. When I had this realization, I confronted my mentor with this, and he laughed and laughed. He said that the same thing had happened to him -- that he'd gotten the saying from HIS mentor, and that he'd finally figured out that it didn't make any sense at all. What was important was the attitude: Said cheerfully and with a little sense of the inherent absurdity of life, it didn't matter that the thing that cheered you up didn't make sense. What mattered was just shrugging off whatever the disaster of the day was and moving on.

I don't know if that makes any sense but, just remember: "They can kill us, but they can't eat us!" :rofl: