OHM Tutorial: Space shuttle from KSC to ISS and back

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score
Author: ar81

If you already got to take off and take a Delta Glider to ISS, you might be ready to take this PDF tutorial.  It describes the procedure using David413's space shuttle version 3.9.4 addon.

Most important than the exact sequence of steps, this tutorial explains some concepts involved in space shuttle flight.

I hope you enjoy it.

UPDATE May 3rd, 2010: Robotic arm and mission aborts covered.

DOWNLOAD

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score
Legacy Reviews

Legacy Add-on Reviews from Orbit Hangar Mods

Review by n122vu
Pros: Very informative. A lot of good information.
Cons: Would like to see updated for Shuttle Fleet V4.1.9SP2
Review:
I found this tutorial very helpful. It had some information that was new to me and explained a few things that I was unsure about. As you mention, there have been some changes in updated fleet versions, mainly in keys (CTRL-X on-orbit now operates the RMS cradle sequence for example). Overall, very well presented. Thanks Pablo!

ar81

Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
You may like to download an MP4 video HERE that shows parts of the shuttle, so you can understand better how they work (in orbit operations). It is a 575Mb HD video.

railfanatic844

Reaction score
hey, i use orbiter 2010 P1, are you doing to make a tutorial for using Space SHuttle fleet V4.5 to ISS and back? It would be really helpful :)

-AJ

Tommy

Reaction score
Aside from the control key changes in newer versions of Shuttle Fleet, not much has changed. The methods and techniques are the same.

If you aren't familiar with ar81's tutorials, they tend to focus on understanding the physics much more than they do on specifics, and remain quite useful even after the software itself is updated. His IMFD tutorial, for example, is still extremely useful despite being created for a rather old version of IMFD. It was that tutorial, more than any other, that taught me the mechanics of a transfer - and how IMFD manipulates those mechanics.