Request UCGO refuel MFD

vchamp

Reaction score
I think it would be good to have an MFD that would use a CargoBarrelFuel and CargoSpaceFuel to refill any vessel's tanks. I am surprised a little that there is no such add-on yet, if only I didn't miss it.

The best way is to extend the functionality of the existing ReFuel MFD, so we won't have two separate MFDs of similar purpose.

Could someone implement this functionality, please?

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
You can already refuel vessels from the CargoSpacefuel via Shift-F (I believe, I need to check).

Carmen A

redneck kitten with pillow :3
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
v149th.yolasite.com
vchamp would like to use the barrels to refuel any sort of vehicle, even those not coded for UCGO.

Until such tool exists however, I just use the scenario editor and some imagination for this purpose.

I do agree that being able to exploit a finite and visible fuel supply, adds to immersion a lot. Although, we'd need a lot of 1000kg fuel barrels to refuel something as large as an XR5...

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
you can refuel any non-ucgo vehicle from a UCGO vehicle via Shift-F. I refueld the TX last night from the UCGO fuel truck.

vchamp

Reaction score
I do agree that being able to exploit a finite and visible fuel supply, adds to immersion a lot. Although, we'd need a lot of 1000kg fuel barrels to refuel something as large as an XR5...

Somehow a single barrel can feed more than 1000kg. Last time I refueled the DGIV by consuming a barrel, it had near 50% of fuel before and full tanks after consuming, iirc. Of course it is not realistic, and we need to think twice before keeping this behavior.

you can refuel any non-ucgo vehicle from a UCGO vehicle via Shift-F. I refueld the TX last night from the UCGO fuel truck.

The only difference of this from filling in scenario editor is the presence of a fuel truck near a vessel. I'd like to use a limited amount of fuel cargo. Also, you can't use the fuel truck in any environment.

Last edited:

vchamp

Reaction score
I've modified the [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=4725"]ReFuel MFD[/ame]. Now it can connect not only to docked vessels, but also to attached vessels and those which are located less than 30 meters away on a ground. It can also use the UCGO fuel cargo and dispose any vessel with empty tanks after refuel.

I'm going to ask rstarkov to include this changes in his MFD, after I test them comprehensively. For now I'm attaching the dll in case anyone wants to use it and may be help with testing.

View attachment ReFuelMFD_extra.zip

Last edited:

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Nice one vchamp. Which SDK is it compiled against?

laukejas

Reaction score
Very nice, vchamp. Just one feature would be great: if it would be possible to refuel from UCGO cargo which is IN vessel, or at least 30m away from it in orbit, not only on the ground, it would be great. Because vessels, which allow "use fuel cargo", usually use ALL the cargo, while sometimes it is much more useful to use just some of that cargo. The only work around now is release all fuel cargo except the amount you intend to use, fly away about 100metres, and then press shift-f. Very annoying. If it would be possible to use Refuel MFD to get fuel from cargo, and from vessels 30m away in space, not only on ground, it would be amazing.

vchamp

Reaction score
I was thinking about refueling from a not connected object in orbit, but didn't make it because that is unrealistic. The source should be static and reliably connected to the target vessel. And it is impossible to use a fuel cargo loaded to UCGO compatible vessel from MFD. Sadly, the UCGO SDK doesn't provide public access to cargo management. Only the vessel itself can control it. The same applies to UMMU.

For your situation I can either make a config option that allows refueling from free floating vessels in orbit or extend the attachments check so that it would be possible to connect to a vessel that is attached not directly to us, but through another 'vessel' such as Universal Cargo Deck.

laukejas

Reaction score
Such config option would be great! Then it would be possible to unload the fuel cargo you want to use with 0m/s release speed, and use it via Refuel MFD. It would be unrealistic, just a work-around for this UCGO bug. They should really have made an option to use just some of the fuel cargo, not all of it at once.

And the option to connect to another vessel via 3d vessel would be great too. Would definately help with motherships like Deepstar and many vessels attached to it. And Universal Cargo Deck as wel..

vchamp

Reaction score
Here is the slightly modified MFD: View attachment ReFuelMFD_extra.zip

What's new:

• config option to enable or disable a loose connection to an object in orbit (use Config\ReFuel.cfg)
  • config option to set the distance below which vessels will be accepted for connection
  • it is possible to connect to vessels that are attached through interim objects (such as Universal Cargo Deck)
  • display shows the used adaptor type ('dock', 'attachment' or 'external')