Request UMMU Manager

Dores

Reaction score
Hi All,

Since some vessels like the great DGIV have a fully integrated way of adding Ummus to the crew compliment and some vessels, like the amazing shuttle fleet, only have the text version -

would anyone be willing to develop a general Ummu manager that would allow loading/unloading of Ummus to any vessel currently in the scenario via scenario editor or mfd?

I recall something about a stairs and platform project, where you could load Ummu into a vessel via the tower it was on - is this project still underway?

Best & merry xmas,

Dores

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
While it is no general UMMU manager, Ascension Ultra will come with a similar system integrated: base/vessel UMMU transfer.

In principle, it works via fake dockings, so the UMMU transfer mechanism will work even for landed vessels. I'm pretty sure this fake dockings can be used to create a manager-like addon, but ATM I'm not interested in developing such a feature (too many projects already).

Although AU's code is not open yet, you can take a look at the code of the "UMMU for Bases" addon. It is an addon for O2K6P1 and will probably not work in the 2010 versions, but the code there should give away some hints.

regards,
Face