Software Unable to install

Kurt M. Weber

Reaction score
I'm coming back to Orbiter after a bit of a hiatus, and I've downloaded the Orbiter 2010-P1 Windows Installer package. However, when I install it, all the pre-installation setup goes fine. But then when I get to the actual installation screen, it comes up with a "The system cannot find the device or file specified." error message. Options are to retry and cancel; retry just pops up the same error, and cancel obviously ends the installation.

Does anyone have any idea of what causes this problem?

Another question: Does anyone have a md5 checksum of a known working copy of the .msi installer package? I had some file-corruption-on-download issues that I think I've gotten worked out, but it can't hurt to verify.

Grover

Saturn V Misfire
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
try running as an admin, doesnt make much sense if its not installing to "program files", but it cant hurt to try

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
If it continually does not work, try the .zip file option. It works exactly as Orbiter 2006-P1 did, and there's no real difference between the distributions beyond how they are packaged.

ghostrunner01

Reaction score
I've had experiences with the Installer Package. Its best to just use the zip file.