Project Universal Astronaut and Cargo System (UACS)

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Thanks. The highest I have is 17

Attachments

• isoc.jpg
    isoc.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 4

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I updated VS2019 and now I have 20. Now working. Now to add guys

Attachments

• vsprop.jpg
    vsprop.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I think the HUD code should be in API. I guess I am used to Dan UMMU code and process. Also I wonder if there is a line line if the number of crew =1 then show mesh x, crew 2 show meshy,.....

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone is testing this. I was able to add the code to a vessel for Eva to the Alpaca. It takes a little to get used to it. For instance grabbing cargo. You have to select the cargo and then grab. That's good because you can be selective.

Abdullah Radwan

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I think the HUD code should be in API. I guess I am used to Dan UMMU code and process. Also I wonder if there is a line line if the number of crew =1 then show mesh x, crew 2 show meshy,.....
There is too much variation between vessels to make the HUD done by the API. It's best done by each vessel to suit its own need. Since UACS is open source, you can use the HUD code from the Carrier for example and adjust it as necessary.
As for the crew meshes, use SetMeshVisibilityMode in clbkGeneric to show/hide the mesh based on astronaut ingress/egress.
Not sure if anyone is testing this. I was able to add the code to a vessel for Eva to the Alpaca. It takes a little to get used to it. For instance grabbing cargo. You have to select the cargo and then grab. That's good because you can be selective.
You don't have to "select" a cargo (i.e. pass its OBJHADNLE) in order to grapple it. You can use the default parameters or pass nullptr and the nearest cargo will be grappled. The same is true for packing/unpacking and draining resources.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
You could at least provide a default HUD drawing code that can be referenced by the vessel. You are right, this should be up to the vessel developer, but if you are interested in a) ensuring widespread use of your framework and b) commonality between different vessels with your framework, an fast way to get an out-of-the box solution would be very useful.

I think about doing my first small add-on with your library this evening to experiment and explore a bit with it, maybe also test its limits a bit.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Been working with this. But a suggestion would be to be able to read the role of the EVA guy. In UMMU one could get the ID info and then if this guy entered the vessel then show this mesh. The seated or standing meshes would be made. For instance I made a Star Trek Shuttle craft. And if spock entered the shuttle a spock guy was seen. Red shirt engineer guy,......

For me. On the FLEX rover When An red stripe eva guy get on the rover. Then a Red stripe rover standing mesh would be seen. Same for red solid,....

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Been reworking the FLEX with UACS. Like UMMu you have to add the code into your module. But I got the guys on the rover. Still haven't figure out the role piece yet.

But it is looking good. But if you just to add eva guys without the code use MMUMFD

Attachments

• flexroveruacs.jpg
    flexroveruacs.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 8

Abdullah Radwan

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Been working with this. But a suggestion would be to be able to read the role of the EVA guy. In UMMU one could get the ID info and then if this guy entered the vessel then show this mesh. The seated or standing meshes would be made. For instance I made a Star Trek Shuttle craft. And if spock entered the shuttle a spock guy was seen. Red shirt engineer guy,......

For me. On the FLEX rover When An red stripe eva guy get on the rover. Then a Red stripe rover standing mesh would be seen. Same for red solid,....
You can get the role by using astrInfo.role in clbkGeneric for example.
Been reworking the FLEX with UACS. Like UMMu you have to add the code into your module. But I got the guys on the rover. Still haven't figure out the role piece yet.

But it is looking good. But if you just to add eva guys without the code use MMUMFD
Currently, it's not possible for MFDs to add astronauts because it must be added inside a vessel. MFDs however can change astronaut info. I might make an MFD which does that.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Oh I don't think a MFD is needed. But like UMMU the only way to add people was to have it coded in their vessel. But for people who don't code they can't get eva guys. BUt they can with MMU MFD. BUT you don't get all the features,.....

As far as UMMU goes I made a invisible mesh UMMU vessel so just attach to the vessel and that was the airlock.

So as far as transfers. It looks like you don't have to dock do you?

Which would be great for me:) Because with my ground vessel in UMMU you had to be docked to transfer. And at the time in 2010 you couldn't be dock on the ground. But it sounds like I could park next to an airlock and transfer a guy in/from the base to the rover:)

Abdullah Radwan

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Oh I don't think a MFD is needed. But like UMMU the only way to add people was to have it coded in their vessel. But for people who don't code they can't get eva guys. BUt they can with MMU MFD. BUT you don't get all the features,.....

As far as UMMU goes I made a invisible mesh UMMU vessel so just attach to the vessel and that was the airlock.

So as far as transfers. It looks like you don't have to dock do you?

Which would be great for me:) Because with my ground vessel in UMMU you had to be docked to transfer. And at the time in 2010 you couldn't be dock on the ground. But it sounds like I could park next to an airlock and transfer a guy in/from the base to the rover:)
It's impossible to add astronauts to a vessel that doesn't support it. Currently, there are 2 ways to add an astronaut: inside a vessel by the vessel, or directly in the scenario by scenario editor.

Both vessels must be docked to transfer astronauts between them. Otherwise, you have to egress the astronaut, get it in, and ingress into another vessel.

For bases, it's not possible to get the astronaut inside them like vessels. Astronauts stay inside as normal Orbiter vessels, and if breathable, can remove their suit inside. So there is a physical astronaut inside the base, not just information like vessels.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
It's impossible to add astronauts to a vessel that doesn't support it. Currently, there are 2 ways to add an astronaut: inside a vessel by the vessel, or directly in the scenario by scenario editor.

Both vessels must be docked to transfer astronauts between them. Otherwise, you have to egress the astronaut, get it in, and ingress into another vessel.

For bases, it's not possible to get the astronaut inside them like vessels. Astronauts stay inside as normal Orbiter vessels, and if breathable, can remove their suit inside. So there is a physical astronaut inside the base, not just information like vessels.
Thanks. I am not slamming anyone just stating facts. In 2010 the same issue unless you coded UMMu in you had no EVA. There was UMMUFA? that allowed EVA though

On the transfer. I wish there was a way to do it without docking on ground vehicles.

For vehicles that the LER that would move to a hatch on a base to transfer crew. The guy would fall out. I think what I did is make the exit spot far away for the vessel that he would be in the base.

Same issue would be surface building on the moon where they are connected by a tunnel above the surface.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Been exploring the lunar surface with the Flex and UACS.

Things I think are needed.
Be able to scroll thru the names of the astronauts on board to pick who you want to eva.
Maybe on the astronaut HUD have the role,... listed.

Attachments

• uacscargo2.jpg
    uacscargo2.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 7
  • uacscargo1.jpg
    uacscargo1.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 7

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Trying it out. Finding features I didn't know about. But the other thing I was talking about is when the LER is near a hatch transfer of crew.

Even if no crew mesh were visible you could have guys inside the habitat. Then somehow transfer to the LER and then the guy would show up. The mesh show up is possible. Then transfer the guy back to the base. No mesh seen.

In the Moon Base Alpha we just set an exit inside the base.

Attachments

• UACSSCREEN1.jpg
    UACSSCREEN1.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 7
  • UACSSCREEN2.jpg
    UACSSCREEN2.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 10
  • UACSSCREEN3.jpg
    UACSSCREEN3.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 9
  • UACSSCREEN4.jpg
    UACSSCREEN4.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 8
  • UACSSCREEN5.jpg
    UACSSCREEN5.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 7
  • lerhabit1.jpg
    lerhabit1.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 7
  • lerhabit2.jpg
    lerhabit2.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 9

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Adding crew. Just editing a cfg. I wonder if a different module can be added. For instance TARS from Interstellar. If you had a TARS module then you could move the arms. You can have a TARS vessel but not sure if you could load it into a vessel as crew? Same thing with the Cylon. Where the red eye would just move back and forth?

The other thing I would like to see if be able to scroll thru the guys on board.

Attachments

• uacscrew1.jpg
    uacscrew1.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 10

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Working on the Space 1999 Eagle to UACS. I want it to like UMMU codewise. But it isn't. I will need to add more scrolls. I think you need to scroll thru the guys/cargo on board. Also scroll thru airlocks.
Like the Eagle It had a airlock at the front/aft/MBA,..... So scroll thru the airlocks. If front press a Key and the animation opens the door if open the airlock is open,....
I know it is possible. I am just struggling with the code part.
As far as the animation tied to airlock status.
If Door_Proc ==1 Doors open then airlock open

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Getting closer. As I understand it. Like most programs you get the default set up and the coder can add/delete stuff.
But for me I need to switch airlocks, crew to select for eva, animations tied to airlock status.

Attachments

• space99crew.jpg
    space99crew.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 12
  • eagleuacs.jpg
    eagleuacs.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 12

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Got the MoonBase Alpha buggy to work with Cargo. Pretty easy convert. The hardest was to get her to drive in 2016.

Still not figured the scroll of cargo and crew on board,....

Attachments

• alphamoonbuggyuacs.jpg
    alphamoonbuggyuacs.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 8

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Still trying to get the scroll of stations/airlocks.

I would like to see "Action area" We used that a lot in MBA,.... The guy could move up outside the passenger module press a key and then the door/airlock would open.

The area was coded in the Vessel with the area bubble and what animation ,....

Attachments

• eaglebuggy1.jpg
    eaglebuggy1.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 3

Abdullah Radwan

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Thanks. I am not slamming anyone just stating facts. In 2010 the same issue unless you coded UMMu in you had no EVA. There was UMMUFA? that allowed EVA though
Sorry if I sound aggressive. English is not my first language, and I was trying to explain how UACS is currently coded, not 'this how it is, whether you like it or not'.
On the transfer. I wish there was a way to do it without docking on ground vehicles.
For transfers, a way to transfer astronauts between 2 ground vessels within a certain radius for example is possible. Let me see what I can do in this regard.
For vehicles that the LER that would move to a hatch on a base to transfer crew. The guy would fall out. I think what I did is make the exit spot far away for the vessel that he would be in the base.

Same issue would be surface building on the moon where they are connected by a tunnel above the surface.
This is how I see the best design is for ground bases. They shouldn't have the astronaut as information inside them, but rather an actual astronaut vessel. I think this is far better. In this case, a transfer between a ground vessel and a base is not possible. You can adjust the release position to have it released inside, but don't forget to remove the suit to conserve oxygen.