Project Universal Astronaut and Cargo System (UACS)

Abdullah Radwan

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Been exploring the lunar surface with the Flex and UACS.

Things I think are needed.
Be able to scroll thru the names of the astronauts on board to pick who you want to eva.
Maybe on the astronaut HUD have the role,... listed.
You can define a station index and scroll through the station using vslAstrInfo.stations vector as a reference (size method).

Displaying the astronaut role is a good idea. It will be added in the next release.

Abdullah Radwan

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Trying it out. Finding features I didn't know about. But the other thing I was talking about is when the LER is near a hatch transfer of crew.

Even if no crew mesh were visible you could have guys inside the habitat. Then somehow transfer to the LER and then the guy would show up. The mesh show up is possible. Then transfer the guy back to the base. No mesh seen.

In the Moon Base Alpha we just set an exit inside the base.
As I said, the best as I see is that bases should have actual astronaut vessels, not information. In this architecture, transfers between bases and vessels isn't possible.

Abdullah Radwan

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Adding crew. Just editing a cfg. I wonder if a different module can be added. For instance TARS from Interstellar. If you had a TARS module then you could move the arms. You can have a TARS vessel but not sure if you could load it into a vessel as crew? Same thing with the Cylon. Where the red eye would just move back and forth?

The other thing I would like to see if be able to scroll thru the guys on board.
If you have the source code of it, you can make it a custom astronaut as detailed in the developer manual. Otherwise it's not possible.

Abdullah Radwan

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Working on the Space 1999 Eagle to UACS. I want it to like UMMU codewise. But it isn't. I will need to add more scrolls. I think you need to scroll thru the guys/cargo on board. Also scroll thru airlocks.
Like the Eagle It had a airlock at the front/aft/MBA,..... So scroll thru the airlocks. If front press a Key and the animation opens the door if open the airlock is open,....
I know it is possible. I am just struggling with the code part.
As far as the animation tied to airlock status.
If Door_Proc ==1 Doors open then airlock open
I sent you an email detailing the animation part. Set the airlock open when the door is fully open, and closed when the door close command is given.

As for all these scrolls, I will add an 'automatic scroll' in the next release, so you don't have to pass a station or airlock. If you didn't pass, the first suitable airlock or station is used automatically. Same will be for cargoes. If the automatic scroll doesn't fit your needs, you can always scroll manually and pass the indexes.

Abdullah Radwan

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Getting closer. As I understand it. Like most programs you get the default set up and the coder can add/delete stuff.
But for me I need to switch airlocks, crew to select for eva, animations tied to airlock status.
That's the tax for making it too customizable. Anyway, the 'automatic scroll' should make things easier.

Some things have to be done by the vessel though, like the animations.

Abdullah Radwan

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Still trying to get the scroll of stations/airlocks.

I would like to see "Action area" We used that a lot in MBA,.... The guy could move up outside the passenger module press a key and then the door/airlock would open.

The area was coded in the Vessel with the area bubble and what animation ,....
I will see what to do about action areas. Maybe in the next release, maybe not...

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Sorry if I sound aggressive. English is not my first language, and I was trying to explain how UACS is currently coded, not 'this how it is, whether you like it or not'.

For transfers, a way to transfer astronauts between 2 ground vessels within a certain radius for example is possible. Let me see what I can do in this regard.

This is how I see the best design is for ground bases. They shouldn't have the astronaut as information inside them, but rather an actual astronaut vessel. I think this is far better. In this case, a transfer between a ground vessel and a base is not possible. You can adjust the release position to have it released inside, but don't forget to remove the suit to conserve oxygen.
Thanks. That is how we did the Moon Base Alpha. He had different airlock release points. Then if on a launch pad you select the airlock and transfer from an Eagle to the base.
I did not take it as aggressive. As I am understanding it. You can customize the HUd,.... to your choice. So if you have a vessel you don't want cargo,....don't code the hud for cargo,....

Abdullah Radwan

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score

EstebanDF

Reaction score
New release: https://github.com/abdullah-radwan/UACS/releases/download/v1.0-prerelease4/v1.0.Pre-release.4.zip

Changelog:

Added

• Astronaut name and role on the astronaut HUD.
  • PDB files for UACS DLL modules.

Changed

• Station and airlock index in TransferAstronaut and EgressAstronaut method is now optional.
  • Vessels can now accept/reject astronaut entry (ingress or transfer).

Fixed

• Ground release logic. It was completely rewritten.
  • GetTotalCargoMass causing CTD.
quick question, can I ingress the astronaut into XR2/5 vessels?

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I got an eagle and some other vessels coded for this. In my opinion one thing it needs is action areas like ummu had. In my MoonBase Alpha there are several animated doors. the guy would move to that area and press a key and the doors would open. For the Eagles I just a key to open/close doors/airlocks

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I don't understand about breathable areas.
I added the attachment lines.

BEGIN_ATTACHMENT
P 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 UACS_RB
END_ATTACHMENT

And got a breathable area. How large is the area?

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I heavily suggest action areas needs to be added. In UMMU at Moonbase Alpha and Instestallar,... The guy would move to an area and press a key and then action would be coded. Like open and door,....

Reaction score
Hi Abdullah,

I wanted to implement your UACS prerelease .4 in my vessel.

I created astronaut sations as described in you manual with the vslAstrInfo.stations.emplace_back(....) ;

After that I have an implementation to add an astronaut by entering all data via the oapiOpenInputBox.
That works fine. But only for 1 astronaut.

The size of vslAstrInfo.stations.size() is 30. So it looks correct.
And during adding i use your command: uacs.AddAstronaut(0, std::nullopt, Add_Astr_Info);

The plan is to add one astronaut to the first free station. According to your manual i have to pass nullopt.
But I get always the UACS::INGRS_STN_OCCP returned after the first astronaut has been added

Did I use it correctly and if yes, are you sure by sending to std::nullopt will add the astronaut at the first free station?

Jason

Abdullah Radwan

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I don't understand about breathable areas.
I added the attachment lines.

BEGIN_ATTACHMENT
P 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 UACS_RB
END_ATTACHMENT

And got a breathable area. How large is the area?
The breathable area size is the vessel size.
I heavily suggest action areas needs to be added. In UMMU at Moonbase Alpha and Instestallar,... The guy would move to an area and press a key and then action would be coded. Like open and door,....
I have limited time available, but I will work on action areas.
Hi Abdullah,

I wanted to implement your UACS prerelease .4 in my vessel.

I created astronaut sations as described in you manual with the vslAstrInfo.stations.emplace_back(....) ;

After that I have an implementation to add an astronaut by entering all data via the oapiOpenInputBox.
That works fine. But only for 1 astronaut.

The size of vslAstrInfo.stations.size() is 30. So it looks correct.
And during adding i use your command: uacs.AddAstronaut(0, std::nullopt, Add_Astr_Info);

The plan is to add one astronaut to the first free station. According to your manual i have to pass nullopt.
But I get always the UACS::INGRS_STN_OCCP returned after the first astronaut has been added

Did I use it correctly and if yes, are you sure by sending to std::nullopt will add the astronaut at the first free station?

Jason
Thanks! You just discovered a bug. It will be fixed in the next release. You have to manage the index manually until the update is released.

gamer19

Reaction score
thank you for latest version
may I ask - what are .pdb files in Modules folder ?

-------------------------------------------
btw
got ctd with first in Earth orbit scenario

============================ ERROR: ===========================
Failed loading module Modules\Plugin\OrbiterSkyboltClient.dll (code 193)
[Orbiter::LoadModule | .\Orbiter.cpp | 600]
===============================================================
Failed loading module Modules\Plugin\LaunchMFD.dll (code 126)
[Orbiter::LoadModule | .\Orbiter.cpp | 600]

after disabling those two scenario loads fine.
then got ctd on Moon scenario, with this

Parse error from base definition file for Cape Canaveral: Block: TEXn: expected 3 values (*char, scalar, scalar)
[BaseObject::parseError | .\Baseobj.cpp | 184]

:confused:

Last edited:

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I had to disable my anti virus to download. And ran on a vanilla Orbiter. And seemed to work.