New Release Universal Cars and Cargo for Orbiter (UCGO) released

dansteph

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.dansteph.com
I tend to disagree. Orulex, for example, give a planet full of variably interesting scenery, and you can easily drive the cars along the valleys.

Sure but I'm not certain visiting the grand-canyon at 540 km/h is very realistic and add that much to the feeling of "being there".

Anyway the alternative is to add 1-3 month to completely hack orbiter ground movement and after 6 month for free I really can't work that time more unless someone want to sponsorize me and send me several thousand dollars to continue.

So, you'l have to live with this limitation 8-18 month more.

Dan

Last edited:

Evil_Onyx

Reaction score
This is by far the best addon/sdk for obiter that i have had used, thank you Dan for all the work and time you have devoted to this.

Any way of giving those Hover thrusters some more "boost" ?

Look at the documentation or look at the "Configure - Take-off from Earth, set reserves, etc" scenario and as the process is explained there.

Last edited:

andysim

Reaction score
wonderfull addon. Thank you so much dan this is just so much fun.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: I owe you a beer i think! hehe:cheers:

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Anyway the alternative is to add 1-3 month to completely hack orbiter ground movement
What about adding a toggle in some cfg file? The bugs can't be that bad, or not?

the.punk

Advanced Orbinaut
Reaction score
Congratulations on release.:thumbup:

andysim

Reaction score
note to self: trying to eva from the Arrow with the lift in its retracted position will result in a long fall and a sudden stop for the poor astronaut. (user error)

Also leaving the surface base without a space suit on is a bad idea. hahah.:lol:

Bj

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
INCOMING ADDONS FOR UCGO

• If you don't supply ISS with cargo in the meaning time crew die

That's great, gives a whole new meaning to the ISS, and when on those interplanetary transfers you have to think, did I leave some air back home? :lol:

Buzz313th

Reaction score
That's great, gives a whole new meaning to the ISS, and when on those interplanetary transfers you have to think, did I leave some air back home? :lol:

What he said...

Thanks Dan... I am really looking foreward to the new ISS...

I wish I knew how to code...

JB

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Most excellent Dan, thank you so much for this amazing addon!! I'm only sorry it wont make it in my Orbiter tribute film since it's practically finished now, but I foresee this addon in future films! :)

dansteph

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.dansteph.com
note to self: trying to eva from the Arrow with the lift in its retracted position will result in a long fall and a sudden stop for the poor astronaut. (user error) Also leaving the surface base without a space suit on is a bad idea. hahah.:lol:

I could of course secure all that but I love to allow users to make odd mistake. :lol: With all automatic secure system we would be only meat to carry, so no fun.

Doing code right now, there will be "oxygen" and "food" internal tank, when they reach zero: pouf, dead. Iss can grapple up to 8 o2 & food cargo and consume them to refill tank.

There will be a predictive display of tank level with month/day duration of current reserve vs crew.

When one food cargo is completely consumed it will be replaced by a small "trash" cargo that you can jettison, either carry them back to earth or simply deorbite them. It's possible that I allow automatic comsumption of cargo when tank level low but I'm not fixed on this yet. (too much work?)

Tank comsumption rate, trash production will be configurable by an in game menu.

Installation will either replace the stock Iss (available in almost all scenarios) or simply replace the UCGO "station Iss" (You'll have to add it by scenario editor)

This ISS will also be "station" compatible, IE: able to refuel vessels that support station operation (as Arrow freighter)

All in one this ISS might be a good toy for a lot of various scenario on various planet. "urgent ressuply of Venus's iss" "resupply at mars iss before earth return" etc)

I'll deliver it with one DGIV scenario: you start 5km away from base, you must use cars to bring food/o2 cargo and crew to DGIV (IA available) then you must launch to ressuply the ISS which have very low reserve after a failure. Failure of this mission would lead to ISS's crew's death.

Much thank to all for kind word making addons is first a passion but feedback and users satisfaction is our reward of course. It would be even more satisfying if authors would use UCGO as a good basis to make plenty of cools addons, it's the first purpose of UCGO. :cheers:

Dan

fredericva

Square shaped orbit
Reaction score
Website
www.classic-gaming.net
Dan, will the new ISS you're creating be configurable?

I mean, will we be able to change the resource consumption rate, as we can do now with the DGIV and the XR vessels, or even turn off resource consumption entirely?

Bj

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
With all automatic secure system we would be only meat to carry, so no fun.

I accidentally walked out the wrong door a few times once :D

Doing code right now, there will be "oxygen" and "food" internal tank, when they reach zero: pouf, dead. Iss can grapple up to 8 o2 & food cargo and consume them to refill tank.

There will be a predictive display of tank level with month/day duration of current reserve vs crew.

When one food cargo is completely consumed it will be replaced by a small "trash" cargo that you can jettison, either carry them back to earth or simply deorbite them. It's possible that I allow automatic comsumption of cargo when tank level low but I'm not fixed on this yet. (too much work?)

Great idea with the trash thing too. Now we will have to really prepare for those long hauls. And we have to prepare for those continuous crew on ISS scenarios.
:tiphat:

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
I can't wait for this ISS ! It'll give me a reason to dock at the ISS again (docking their for the 100th time for no real reason gets boring )

vonneuman

Orbinaut
Reaction score
note to self: Don't repack cargo while still inside it with your space suit off. That was a horrible way to die:rofl:

Last edited:

Bj

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
note to self: Don't repack cargo while still inside it with your space suit off. That was a horrible why to die:rofl:

UMMU: "Huston, we have a problem"

Huston: "UMMU go ahead"

UMMU: "Huston, we might have ripped a hole in the inflatable command module"
:p

---------

Humor aside, that would a nice addon I think, make a breathable vessel, that is minutes away from atmospheric depressurization and you have to EVAC the crew. Mission is challenging because you have limited time to save crew.

Actually, You don't even have to do that much. Place a UMMU somewhere maybe 4 minutes away by vehicle, and the vehicle has to get the UMMU, then return to base before running out of O2.

Last edited:

Ark

Reaction score
Please don't replace the stock ISS. I prefer to concentrate on flying, rather than constantly micromanaging things to keep crew from dying.

Last edited:

Bj

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
Question:
Say I wanted to bring the lunar rover with me, or some other vehicle. How do I bring it with me from place to place?

wovik

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Great add-on !
Some issue's though;

1.I've tried several landings on the moon using Lola MFD but attitude control seems to be a issue and I've never been able to make a succesfull landing using LolaMFD.
Any suggestions ?

I've landed on the moon using Lola but had to use manual attitude control. You might have to change the Arrow Freighter config file to larger thrust values. (similar to earth values).

You can use BaseLand MFD to automatically land it on the moon but need larger hover values and disable the dampening. Observe the orbit height limitations.

http://www.orbithangar.com/download.php?ID=3503

You could also place a landing beacon on a landing pad to use the built in Autoland.

>

halcyon

Reaction score
Dan is like a can of Pringles.
Once the top pops...

Thanks for all the hard work!

jgrillo2002

Conservative Pioneer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Quick question and this is for dbeachy to answer . I am wondering if its possible to get the XR5 to have YCGO and UMMU 2.0 support as people can use the XR5 to move cargo from one place and can bring it to earth