Project Universal Dynamic Virtual Cockpit

HarvesteR

Reaction score
what about - each UDVC cfg bears the reference to the classname of the vessels it should be bound to... like CamShake, which stores a list of configurations for each vessel class :hmm:

As in a list of classname entries? That would work perfectly, since everything a VC needs would be contained in a single file. (excepting of course, external meshes and whatnot)

Cheers

Mandella

Space Cultist
Donator
Reaction score
As in a list of classname entries? That would work perfectly, since everything a VC needs would be contained in a single file. (excepting of course, external meshes and whatnot)

Cheers

But would that work with spacecraft3 vessels?

Coolhand

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.scifi-meshes.com
I'm pleased you're probably going with a modular approach, it will allow for many different layouts and a richer experience of flying different craft.

I'm sure you've considered it already, but being able to specify a texture set for the panels in the config file for each layout would be great, for example a russian style cockpit is often green, western pits are more commonly grey and so on... and of course it also allows for different languages to be used on the labels... you could then have this variety of textures loaded at the same time, and no fiddly copying over textures and reloading etc to properly illustrate another craft.

Moach

Crazy dude with a rocket
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I'm pleased you're probably going with a modular approach, it will allow for many different layouts and a richer experience of flying different craft.

I'm sure you've considered it already, but being able to specify a texture set for the panels in the config file for each layout would be great, for example a russian style cockpit is often green, western pits are more commonly grey and so on... and of course it also allows for different languages to be used on the labels... you could then have this variety of textures loaded at the same time, and no fiddly copying over textures and reloading etc to properly illustrate another craft.

now - THAT's some glorious thinking :cheers: it didn't cross my mind, but now that you mentioned it, it's a must-have :thumbup: