Flight Question Unless there is a senario "Fly me to the moon" you just cannot fly into orbit?

Roger55

Reaction score
I got the manual printed! My neighbor came through. I would have spent the day reading, but I had to move furniture all morning. The setup just wasn't working. I have far too many books in this house. So I'm fried now. Need some Tylenol and Absorbine Junior. Maybe tonight. Made orbit twice more, but not really good orbits. I hope the manual will help me get it right. :thumbup:

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Keep practicing Roger, before long it will become second-nature. :cheers:

Tommy

Reaction score
Static pressure is dependent only on altitude. Dynamic pressure is the indicator of drag, since it's also dependent on speed.

I understood the OP was referring to the reduction of thrust most rocket engines experience which is caused by the atmosphere slowing the "exhaust" velocity - which is related to Static Pressure - not Dynamic. Of course drag is related to Dynamic Pressure.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I understood the OP was referring to the reduction of thrust most rocket engines experience which is caused by the atmosphere slowing the "exhaust" velocity - which is related to Static Pressure - not Dynamic. Of course drag is related to Dynamic Pressure.
Ah, I understood differently. Carry on then! :cheers: