Software Upload problems with IE10 and Win8

PennyBlack

Altea Development Team
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
pennyblack.yolasite.com
I had to upload my recent addon on my brothers machine dispite having a new machine.

My problem is when I logged into OHM and try to upload, I get a grey box where I am supposed to write the description. The icons for that field appear, but not the actual empty field required for the description. Every other field that is required for the addon is ok, but I'm using Internet Explorer 10 for Windows 8 so it is rather new to me.
I am also using 7-Zip which came with windows 8 and got a file incompatibility when I used 7-Zip to create the addon package for upload, forcing me to use WinRAR.

I have looked for related issues on the net without success.

Kendo

Reaction score
I use 7-zip to zip the files (right click and Add to *****zip) as opposed to Add to *****7z. And upload from that.

Kendo

Reaction score
You can of course un-zip it with 7-zip.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
IE Compatibility mode?

ADSWNJ

Scientist
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I had the same problem, with & without compatibility mode. I switched to Firefox, which worked first time. (Then back to IE, which I prefer!)

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
I find it impossible to use one browser all the time. I have IE, Chrome, and Firefox on hand for when whichever one I'm using fails. None of them will ever do everything right, but at least one of them will always do the thing you're trying to do. :p

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I do the same. Sometimes Chrome is a slug and is very buggy lately when it comes to flash content. When I have problems, I switch to FF for a site or two then back to Chrome.