OHM USS Kelvin

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score
From the next Star Trek movie, this is just a mesh and texture Inbsp; converted from a model I created in Sketchup, no config.nbsp; It seems to have lost details between the Sketchup format and an Oribiter mesh.nbsp; If anyone can do something with it, feel free.nbsp; I'm just glad to finally have something to upload.

[ame=http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3856]More...[/ame]

tgep

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I downloaded the mesh and took a good look at it in OMW. To be honest, there are just too many groups ( over 4000 ) in the conversion mesh that are spread too far apart in relation to each other for me to be able to be able to do anything with it to give the model better detail.

Later on, I may try to build a new model in Anim8or based on the mesh you've provided but that will be some time to come yet.

It's an intresting design that I could definatly have some fun with but I would need someone else better versed in 2d art to make accurate textures.

Thank you for posting it though. I've not seen the new trek movie teasers so I don't know much at all about the ship designs in it.

combrown

Reaction score
I downloaded the mesh and took a good look at it in OMW. To be honest, there are just too many groups ( over 4000 ) in the conversion mesh that are spread too far apart in relation to each other for me to be able to be able to do anything with it to give the model better detail.

Later on, I may try to build a new model in Anim8or based on the mesh you've provided but that will be some time to come yet.

It's an intresting design that I could definatly have some fun with but I would need someone else better versed in 2d art to make accurate textures.

Thank you for posting it though. I've not seen the new trek movie teasers so I don't know much at all about the ship designs in it.
This is a point in time I wished I was a graphics artists.
I have never been a huge fan of the Trek Ships until now.

I saw the film recently and the USS Kelvin has me hooked.
I installed the kelvin in bridge commander and it's quite detailed.

I think that is why I liked it in the movie, it is so detailed.

Something about the under over configuration that appeals to me too.

:)
Hope you guys maybe choose to port a really good one over for the new version of orbiter, have it sitting in space dock for me so I take it on a shake down.