General Question Velcro Rockets--Are interstage fairings missing from included scenarios?

Gothmog

Reaction score
I'm trying to get started with Velcro Rockets, and my normal approach for something like this is to start with the provided scenarios and samples that come with the download. After I've come to grasp how all the pieces work together, then I'll look into playing with my own modifications.

In this case, I've noticed an oddity. Take the Saturn series as an example: I've also downloaded and installed the Velcro Saturns, but when I try to run any of the scenarios, the interstages seem to be missing, and all stages stand on the launchpad! By using the F3 key to "Select Ship", I can fly either/any of the stages right from the ground, and I must say this is not an uninteresting endeavor. With a little more effort, I may succeed in flying the first stage of the Saturn I into a very low orbit, SSTO. Likewise, it's entertaining to see how high and fast I can fly a Saturn IB second stage. The same thing happens with the Titans.

When the scenarios load, there are error messages on the screen concerning Vessel3; AFAI can tell most or all of these messages, of which there may be several in one load sequence, are as follows:

onscreen dialog said:
The procedure entry point ?clbPanelMouseEvent@VESSEL3@@UAE_NHHHHPAX@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library <My Orbiter install path>\Modules\Velcro.dll

Orbiter log is here, but showing only the error messages following "Finished Initialising World".

Orbiter.log said:
>>> ERROR: Could not load vessel module:
>>> [C:\Source\Orbiter\Vessel.cpp / 4982]
>>> ERROR: Velcro
>>> [C:\Source\Orbiter\Vessel.cpp / 4983]

Finished initialising status
Finished initialising camera
Finished initialising panels
Finished setting up render state

This is on an O-2006-P1 install; since Vinka's modules don't seem to be available on their own anymore, I took them from the Sealaunch add-on, which includes them. I currently have estar's Project Mercury installed, and the two generic scenarios for the MA and MR configurations, under "Project Mercury", work fine; however, the historical missions under "Earth 1962" do not.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I'm not sure if it would make any difference, but I don't know if there were any changes for Velcro (Orbiter '06 version) to Velcro (Orbiter '10 version) that would cause this. I'm not a velcro "guru".

For Vinka's SC3 and Multistage, you can find them both if you sort through the "Generic Vessel" thread. Face and Artlav are working on a method that would avoid the SC3 type vessels being left behind as Orbiter continues to grow.

sputnik

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.worldof2001.com
It sounds as if it's not finding velcro.dll at all, and is just building a pile of non-attached .cfg-file-based ships instead.

Have you got velcro.dll installed in Orbiter/Modules?

Are you running Orbiter 2010? The current version of Velcro won't run in 2006, nor, probably, the 2015 beta.

Gothmog

Reaction score
I tried a few of the Velcro sample scenarios in Orbiter 2010 and they work fine there.

Thanks again to all who posted, especially Sputnik.