General Question Vessels Not Remaining Docked

drgullen

Reaction score
Apologies if this has already been answered. I did click the "Check if Already Posted" button, but didn't see an entry for this specific issue.

My issue is that when the scenario is launched in Orbiter 2016, even though in the .scn file itself it shows the vessel as docked to a space station, it actually is not. It is essentially floating in space within a meter or two of the docking port, but it is not actually docked.

In some cases, within a few seconds after scenario launch, I will hear the notification "Contact" along with the docking pounding noise and then "Houston, we have hard dock" message, meaning that it has docked again by itself. This doesn't always happen though, so unless I cycle through every ship in my scenario, some vessels simply float away from their stations over time.

I realize this could be due to a lot of factors (the sim itself, the D3D9 client, OrbiterSound, incompatible add-ons, etc.) but I was just wondering if others have experienced this and if there is a known fix for it.

Cheers,
Glen

Marijn

Reaction score
Does this happen with the default 'Docked at ISS' scenario?

drgullen

Reaction score
Thanks to that suggestion, I just figured it out! I had a space in the name "Space Station" that I was trying to dock to. I changed it to "Space_Station" and now it launches with the vessel docked.

When looking at the "Docked at ISS" scenario, it jumped out at me that there were no spaces in the parameter information of the DOCKINFO line in the scenario, whereas in mine, there were.

So lesson learned, no spaces in any of your vessel names!

Thanks for the reply! :thumbup: