Internet Video Thread

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The dude with the hockey stick here is doomed. He just doesn't know it yet. You know what always happens to his character in the movies:

steph

Reaction score
Would be nice to see it done to some Dimmu Borgir songs or stuff like that :thumbup:. I don't really have that good a "soundboard" to realize, did they just up the pitch or did they also change a few notes here and there?

This video...I'm sure it surfaced around here some time ago, but it's too damned epic not to watch. Since most of their intercepts were pretty much standing really close to the tornado and hollering about how they "did it", I think they got a bit more than expected this time.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Today, during the match between Dortmund and Mainz, a 80-year old fan among the 80,000 died of a heart attack. When news of the event spread inside the arena, every fan went silent for minutes, until this happened:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eawzn3t-Ltw"]Das Stadion zollt einem verstorbenen Fan Tribut. // BVB fans pay tribute to a deceased fan. - YouTube[/ame]

The football players and referees did not know what had happened until after the match.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Just watched this one, pretty good stuff on the "pre-NASA era", before Sputnik really ignited the Space Race. Explains how Eisenhower's agenda was much more about spy satellites rather than scientifical payloads (the title is quite misleading, as the documentary isn't focused on the Soviet side at all) :

[ame="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3qag46_nova-secrets-of-the-soviet-space-program-discovery-history-science-full-documentary_tv"]NOVA - SECRETS OF THE SOVIET SPACE PROGRAM - Discovery History Science (full documentary) - Video Dailymotion@@AMEPARAM@@http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/video@@AMEPARAM@@video[/ame]

Graham2001

Reaction score
Funny that nobody else mentioned it yet.... The Audi big game commercial with Apollo and David Bowie:

The first 20 seconds bought this quote from Australian based science fiction writer A. Bertram Chandler to my mind "When the dream dies, what of the dreamer..."

Which in turn led to the discovery of another lost dream, the first attempt at a hard sci-fi TV series,whose last episode was clearly not the end...

[youtube="Men In Space, Episode 38: Flight to the Red Planet]gNw0SzKnRUY[/youtube]​

Last edited:

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
Could make one about boomers who don't know how to check their e-mail as well...

Star Voyager

Space Shuttle Refugee
Reaction score
People are people, who do great things. The last generation had the Space Shuttle, this generation has SpaceX (and others like it).

kerlix

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
That's a bit unfair, IMO. I doubt they wanted that to happen and to live with it on their conscience for the rest of their lives. People make mistakes. From all generations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Linguofreak

Reaction score
Wow. Just.....wow. :(

Yeah, I wouldn't go quite that far, but OTOH the shuttle is hardly a triumph of engineering. NASA, post-moonshot, would have been much better served by incremental improvements on a Saturn I / Apollo CSM stack refined for sustained long-term production, a la Soyuz.

But if one wishes to criticize the boomers, one need not consider the shuttle. The boomers created the millennials, and that is ample room for criticism. I could say more, but, A) it would probably need to go in the basement, and B) it would probably be unfairly harsh. I'm rather bitter against the boomers, but for the opposite reasons to most of my peers.

"Never trust anyone under 75". (Full disclosure:: I am well under 75).

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Yeah, I wouldn't go quite that far, but OTOH the shuttle is hardly a triumph of engineering.

Is that a serious statement?

You can criticize NASA's priorities but the fact that they built such a machine so radically different from any that had ever flown before, a jetliner-sized winged spacecraft with a reusable heat shield that flew at Mach 25 through the atmosphere for a runway landing with a 30 ton payload and a crew of 7, and it worked on the very first try, is absolutely a triumph of engineering.

It wasn't as cheap as promised, and had its safety issues, but for the first of its kind, a prototype really, it was certainly a technical achievement.

---------- Post added 04-03-16 at 09:36 AM ---------- Previous post was 04-02-16 at 09:56 AM ----------

Graham2001

Reaction score
An interesting example of misapplied effort...

[youtube="Philips" 720 lm LED Bulb: Counterfeit or Just Chinese Domestic Market (2014)]jgEWb_HSft0[/youtube]

...If the effort put into faking the packaging had gone into the bulb, then whoever actually made it might be onto a winner... or at least a decent product.​

Last edited: