Internet Video Thread

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
Certainly one of the quirky items of that airplane family :)

But I think pulling the plug without communication with the cockpit crew isn't the best thing to do. Or maybe they thought nobody was in the cockpit anymore. I can imagine that Kent (the pilot in the video) recorded the video after the last flight of that day.
No, I mean literally, they only lightly touched it. It doesn't take much to cause that plug to lose it's connection.

Normally, the power is pulled by the ground crew after the aircraft has been cleaned, searched for security risks, and closed up for the night. I did that many times. ;)

---------- Post added at 12:08 ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 ----------

Courtesy of AIRBOYD: The first arrested landing of the X-47B at NAS Pauxtent River.

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hey, all. :)
Don't know if it's totally kosher to add a sport video but I just watched this game and it was fantastic! :thumbup:

I'm a hockey fan; not much of an NHL fan though after the lockouts but I am a Leafs fan - no matter how hard they make it to cheer for them (sigh).

Oh dear, and we were all getting along so well, but I must be honest

OLE, OLE, OLE, OLE

OLE, OLE!!!!

To be honest though, Spring 2011 made me really hate the Bruins though, so Ill be a little bit more leafs friendly than normal this spring.

The Toronto Maple Leafs haven't made it to the playoffs for nine years; and Game One of their quarterfinal series against the Boston Bruins certainly didn't give Leafs fans much confidence. They played like...well...idiots. :facepalm: So I wasn't really holding out much hope here but man were they a whole new team here!

The Leafs played with a discipline (something not generally associated with the Leafs :lol:) and enthusiasm I haven't seen in years; it was by far one of the best hockey games I've watched in a long, long time. Great goals, superb goaltending, strong strategic play all the way through. Wonderful stuff - here are the highlights:

Toronto Maple Leafs - Boston Bruins Game 2 NHL Playoffs May 2013 Highlights - YouTube

Yeah, it did look like a pretty good game :thumbup:. That series of saves that Rask made near the start was ridiculous. :eek:wned:

Second; I just can't help enjoying the fact that in this series the Bruins have a player named Horton while the Leafs have one named Orr. A delicious little irony there. ;)

:rofl:, you know I never even noticed that. That is hilarious.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
How do you get people across a river when the bridge was washed off?

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vj-VcZY_nwE"]Space Engine 0.97 - YouTube[/ame]

Speechless. This guy is my new God. Just next to the Probe. :hailprobe:

FADEC

Reaction score
What airline pilots might enjoy during their layover...

FADEC

Reaction score
Well, Germany had a bad defragmentation program :lol:

Yes :) Even within the last decades!

----------------------
For non-Germans here:

Before 1990...

germany_industries_map.jpg

Since 1990...

germany-large.jpg

Actually Germany is a very strange country, as proved by our political history. But on the other hand our "Autobahn" (freeway) without speed limit even impresses Americans...

MattBaker

Reaction score
You really have to wonder what's so special about Poland, it changed really often.

Staiduk

Reaction score
Holy GOD!!!

Oh my God (I'm trying to be a good little boy; posting this on the Video thread) - there is rarely a time when a new musical group rocks me to my boots; but it has happened here.

The band is A Tribe Called Red - a collection of Cree and Algonquin artists who blend traditional Indian music with modern hip-hop.

There is so much passion, power and dignity in this recording I can't begin to describe it. From that first wild warriors' scream a few seconds in; I was utterly nailed to my seat. I am white - this song almost makes me regret that fact. Not for what Whites have done to the Old People of this country; but for the fact that I as a white man can't truly share the Indian's passion and music.

I looked up A Tribe Called Red on Wikipedia; their entry is regrettably short. I have little doubt it will lengthen considerably in the years to come.

A Tribe Called Red is a hip-hop group employing Native culture; Wikipedia tells us. I state that that is emphatically wrong. This is Indian music; pure and true. It makes use of the latest technologies to roar its message to the world.

I can't stop listening to this recording. It is so powerful, so passionate. I love it...I'm sure you will too.
It is here: (CRANK YOUR VOLUME UP!!!)
One thing: people might take offence at me calling Native Canadians 'Indians'. I used to too. But when I was working in Kitchener, my Lead Hand was a full-blooded Huron named Bob (Robert Fox; if you want to be formal. If you want to be traditional it was Robert Smoke Fox). We were great friends and often discussed White-Indian issues. One day I was searching for a euphamism when he interrupted me. "Where were you born?" Bob asked.
"Toronto" I answered.
"Then you're a native Canadian," he pointed out. "I'm an Indian." He laughed and pulled me into a hug. I've never hesitated to use the word 'Indian' since.

Last edited:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
How it is supposed to be sung:

:cool: :hail:

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Just wanted to post that, but thought someone probably beat me to it...

Totally amazing vid. Didn't know they had a guitar up there. Most expensive musical flightbagage ever, I suppose...

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Just wanted to post that, but thought someone probably beat me to it...

Totally amazing vid. Didn't know they had a guitar up there. Most expensive musical flightbagage ever, I suppose...

The guitar is the most important equipment in space stations since Salyut-7. (We have no true space station in Orbiter without a guitar).

The Salyut-7 guitar was actually transfered to Mir during Soyuz-T 15. Not sure if this guitar is related to the Mir one, I think it was destroyed with Mir, but I could imagine to be wrong. Would at least make a good legend. :lol:

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Would at least make a good legend.

high above the world, forgotten by men and gods, circles the Mir-guitar eternally. And pinched between its strings, after the second fret, waits the pick of destiny for whoever is bold enough to find it... :lol:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
high above the world, forgotten by men and gods, circles the Mir-guitar eternally. And pinched between its strings, after the second fret, waits the pick of destiny for whoever is bold enough to find it... :lol:

Would be one hell of a power chord, should this guitar ever hit a satellite. :lol:

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Would be one hell of a power chord, should this guitar ever hit a satellite. :lol:

Isn't it obvious? The Probe saved the Mir guitar from its imminent fiery destruction; now the almighty slams his holy power chords upon it.

:hailprobe: