4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
orbiterspaceport.blogspot.com

Puma

Reaction score
voshkod%202%20MIK%2002.jpg

in this picture shows the real space craft "not a replica for a museum" the capsule looks like shiny metallic not white....

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
Yes, and the other images on the same page also show similar metallic spacecraft. The same goes for the Voskhod-3 craft on display here: http://www.npointercos.jp/Energiamuseum.html (here's another nice photo it)
On this case, I'd say that there was no thermal insulation added, besides the "lower" parts of the spacecraft, that look covered with the same green stuff as the early Soyuz.

Columbia42

Reaction score
Here is a new beta version of the Voskhod addon:
View attachment 4634

Now I'm starting work on the Voskhod 2 spacecraft.
1) Does anyone know if the Voskhod 2 interior was any different than the interior of Voskhod 1?
2) If anyone feels like doing an EVA mesh I'd really appreciate it! (I'm terrible at those kind of meshes.)
3) 4throck, any progress on those panels? (I don't think it matters that they're Vostok panels; I think Voskhod panels are very similar if not identical.)

Last edited:

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
I haven't worked much on the panels because I'm busy with other orbiter projects but I'll get back to it as soon as possible. As far as I know, the panels are the same, but I think that the side panel might be different (airlock operation).

Anyway, I think that they are quite complete (specially the center one) and I think you can use them as they are at least for a beta release.
Here are the latest versions:

vostok_painel2+copy.jpg
vostok_painel.jpg

Last edited:

Columbia42

Reaction score
Thanks for the panels, 4throck. I am temporarily suspending developement of Voskhod 2 because it has come to my attention that the beta version I posted has some serious bugs that need to be worked out. Will post a debugged version as soon as I can.

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
Take your time :thumbup: I personally wouldn't mind to have a good Voskhod 1 (specially if you make a working panel, or at least the globe to show your position and the dials to move) only beta and then move on to the EVA stuff. So no rush, keep at it, you will sort it out!

Columbia42

Reaction score
I am currently recovering from a severe lossage of data right now. (Including some important Voskhod SDK files.) So the next beta could be a long way off.

Albatros

Reaction score
I'had been a bit lurking arround in the internet. There is a guy who bought a Voskhod Globe and want to build a real working mockup.
If you know someone who can translate the labels of the switches and status-lights from the russian language, you will have a working cockpit.
The link is: http://www.collectspace.com/ubb/Forum14/HTML/000733.html

If you need information upon flight data: There is an swedish radio operator who observed the russian flights from the beginning. And sounds are there also.
The link is: http://www.svengrahn.pp.se/

Columbia42

Reaction score
Here's the newest beta version of this addon:
View attachment 4816

BTW, If someone who's good at modeling could make an EVA mesh for Voskhod 2, that would be great. (Making a mesh like that look good requires more skill than I have).

Last edited:

Columbia42

Reaction score
I have decided to make this addon compatible with Orbiter 2010 and since I am currently working on that, it may be awhile before the next beta is posted. Also, if someone knows of a tutorial on how to make lightmaps for VCs, I'd greatly appreciate a link to it.

Albatros

Reaction score
Here's the newest beta version of this addon:
View attachment 4816

BTW, If someone who's good at modeling could make an EVA mesh for Voskhod 2, that would be great. (Making a mesh like that look good requires more skill than I have).

I can pixel and programm in PASCAL, but don't knew anything about a mesh. Why don't you use a vostok mesh? It's the same spacecraft outside. Inside ok. The extraction seat was kicked out and instead three men crammed in for political reason (superiosity of the east over the west in order of Nikita Khrushchev/Chruschtschow/Crustshov).
Is there anybody how knew the correct writing and/or spelling of this last name in english?

Columbia42

Reaction score
I can pixel and programm in PASCAL, but don't knew anything about a mesh. Why don't you use a vostok mesh? It's the same spacecraft outside. Inside ok. The extraction seat was kicked out and instead three men crammed in for political reason (superiosity of the east over the west in order of Nikita Khrushchev/Chruschtschow/Crustshov).
Is there anybody how knew the correct writing and/or spelling of this last name in english?

By EVA mesh I mean a mesh of the cosmonaut in a spacesuit. I already have the meshes for the ship done. All I need is the cosmonaut/spacesuit mesh and Vostok doesn't have one of those. Only a cosmonaut/flightsuit.

I believe the correct spelling is Khruschev, though I could be wrong.

castorp

Reaction score
I like your new release and what your doing with this project!
:cheers:

I have an old vostok mesh complex from the "OctoberSky" project that's not completed, but could be done so and readily given the voskhod tunnel and misc other modifications... it's a pretty modular set of meshes so there's lot's of potential for animation sequencing. any interest in playing around with this model?

cheers,
hc

vostok1.jpg

vostok2.jpg

vostok3.jpg

vostok4.jpg

:probe:

Last edited:

Columbia42

Reaction score
Castorp, thanks for your input and your mesh looks awesome however changing the meshes at this point would require a lot of redoing of stuff and while your mesh is probably better than mine, It would take a significant amount of time to implement the necessary changes to both it and the addon in general so I think I'll stick with my meshes. But thanks anyway!

castorp

Reaction score
'totally understand.
thanks for considering it and i'm very much looking forward to seeing your continued terrific work!
i might try playing around at home with some mesh substitution though... ;-)
cheers
hc

fort

Reaction score
If anyone feels like doing an EVA mesh I'd really appreciate it! (I'm terrible at those kind of meshes.)

The Orlan spacesuit ? But I'm not sure it works with Orbiter 2010. I had some error messages a few days ago while trying to install a version of Mir who uses it in a scenario, but with a CTD. I do not know if it was in connection with this suit and I had no time to look.

To see. But it must be serviceable I suppose: the SDK is in the zip.

Russian's Spacesuit Orlan

[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3913"]Russian's Spacesuit Orlan[/ame]

( I think that i must have another one somewhere. I'll try to find it ).

Columbia42

Reaction score
The Orlan spacesuit ? But I'm not sure it works with Orbiter 2010. I had some error messages a few days ago while trying to install a version of Mir who uses it in a scenario, but with a CTD. I do not know if it was in connection with this suit and I had no time to look.

To see. But it must be serviceable I suppose: the SDK is in the zip.

( I think that i must have another one somewhere. I'll try to find it ).

I was kind of thinking more along the lines of the actual space suits that Alexei Leonov and Pavel Belyayev wore on Voskhod 2. The Orlan is a big step forward from that (although I suppose if we retextured it it might look a little closer to reality). I guess the only real difference other than the textures is that I think the Orlan is much more bulky (doesn't it have a personal life support system?) than Leonov's and Belyayev's suits.

---------- Post added 07-05-10 at 04:32 AM ---------- Previous post was 07-04-10 at 06:42 PM ----------

BTW, I'm thinking of doing the EVA as a Ummu and making the Voskhod 2 spacecraft Ummu compatible. (I don't know anything about Ummu so I guess I'll learn as I go.)

Columbia42

Reaction score
I just have a few questions and, not being able to find any answers on the web, I thought I'd ask here. First of all, does anyone know the location of the Voskhod manuevering thrusters? Right now I have them in the same places that I've seen them in in Jekka's Vostok addon however I'm not sure if that's correct. Second, I'd like future releases of the Voskhod addon to have a lightmap for the spacecraft's VC. Does anyone know of a good tutorial on how to do that? All the help is greatly appreciated, thanks!