Discussion We Stopped Dreaming

DarkEnergy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I thought I would post this and try to help spread it around. This is an excellent video modeled after the Sagan Series, but with Neil deGrasse Tyson as the narrator. It is probably one of the most impacting videos I have ever seen. I feel like this should be mandatory viewing for all human beings.

Last edited:

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
You can't embed HTML here. Leave the bare YouTube link, and the board will automatically embed it.

DarkEnergy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Yeah, I was editing as you wrote that, haha. I never posted a video before.

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The sound is from various videos you can find on YouTube about Tyson's appearance all over the place...

However, there is a rumor going around that Neil deGrasse Tyson is working on a video series kinda like Cosmos.

ED_4

Whovian/Star Trekker/Pinoy
Reaction score
Neil seems to have a good way of presenting things to the audience. I've seen him many times on other documentaries about space and the like. He would make a good 'Cosmos' host.

DarkEnergy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
RisingFury said:
The sound is from various videos you can find on YouTube about Tyson's appearance all over the place...

This is true, but sometimes the presentation is what makes all the difference. Combined with the imagery and sound, this conglomerate clip is very powerful. The Sagan Series was just sound snips from Carl Sagan's book narrations (and maybe some other sources) but was popular for its presentation.

It's nice to have many of his inspirational words in one impressive video.

Yoda

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
So true.............and also so sad that we have stopped caring about the dreams of tomorrow........!

Hadron

Reaction score
Tyson is doing a Cosmos reboot for sure. James Randy mentioned it in an interview a few months back

NovaSilisko

The Siliskoiest of Siliskos
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Tyson is this generation's Carl Sagan. My best wishes to his endeavors to teach the world how beautiful the universe can be!

Star Voyager

Space Shuttle Refugee
Reaction score
"Smith, Wesson and me..." (@ 2:03, sorry I couldn't resist!)

Astronut25

Reaction score
"We Stopped Dreaming"

Sadly true. The highest ambitions of my coworkers is to drink as many alcoholic beverages as possible every weekend, then go back to work to finance next weekend's bingefest.

Keatah

Reaction score
We gave up dreaming because of all the media distractions about celebrities and capitalistic advertising insisting you consume consume consume..

The homes of tomorrow are here today, and built like crap. with the cheapest materials. The food of tomorrow is here, and it is all full of artificial fillers. The cities of tomorrow are here, and they are milling with zombies attached to smartphones and ipads.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
The cities of tomorrow are here, and they are milling with zombies attached to smartphones and ipads.

No kidding. The bluetoothed people running around are terrible also. I'm not sure if they are schizophrenic or what until they get close enough to see the earpiece. Some of the Facebook mafia, farmers, zombies (et al) are pretty odd bunch too.

I'm pretty excited to hear that Neil is getting a show, I need to see more science on the science channel.

NovaSilisko

The Siliskoiest of Siliskos
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I need to see more science on the science channel.

And history on the history channel, but let's not get into that.

9J7mt.png

FADEC

Reaction score
We need more people like Neil deGrasse Tyson these days urgently. Especially in politics.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
He seems an honest chap, I read about him in the
http://www.nasm.si.edu/
equivalent mag that pops in the UK.

N.

RGClark

Mathematician
Reaction score
Website
exoscientist.blogspot.com
Space can be the new, exciting frontier for the every man. There is strong evidence that near Earth asteroids contain abundant precious metals. SpaceX believes, and I happen to believe they're right, that the price to space can be cut by two orders of magnitude.
Put those two facts together and we can have highly profitable asteroid mining missions.
The men and women carrying out those missions will require guts and ambition. And if they succeed they will be returning immense wealth to their respective countries. Then they will be regarded as heroes for their respective countries.

Bob Clark