Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I can see living people. :uhh:

statickid

CatDog from Deimos
Donator
Reaction score
Urwumpe-One thing notable is that we have the Dungeness spit here, the largest natural sand spit in the U.S. and it is full to the brim with soggy silt mud. It wouldn't explain other communities hearing it though...

I did notice that the reports are collected rather casually. Really there is no proof that we are all hearing the exact same thing :hmm:

Ghostrider

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Cool thread. Here's one for you. I can hear people vibrating. If I go into a bathroom I can immediately tell you if there is someone in there or not. They can be standing still holding their breath. Makes no difference.

Happens to me as well, but I don't know if it's "vibes" or just subconscious situational awareness. Probably some legacy software from our ancestors whose lives depended on them being aware of living stuff in their immediate surroundings.

statickid

CatDog from Deimos
Donator
Reaction score
Cool thread. Here's one for you. I can hear people vibrating. If I go into a bathroom I can immediately tell you if there is someone in there or not. They can be standing still holding their breath. Makes no difference.

Is this some kind of elaborate joke about flatulence? If not you can forgive me and see where I might be confused :lol:

Keatah

Reaction score
I can see living people. :uhh:

yes..yes.. I can hear the rumble of the muscular-skeletal system balancing. And their pounding hearts. It's more of a sensation then actually hearing a noise with real quantitative volume.

---------- Post added at 05:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 AM ----------

I haven't dismissed the possibility that there is U-ELF brain emissions that I detect. This has made for fantastic bets and party tricks.

@statickid - no fart jokes. While I enjoy low-class toilet humor, farting, gassing, and yo'momma material, this isn't that time.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
yes..yes.. I can hear the rumble of the muscular-skeletal system balancing. And their pounding hearts. It's more of a sensation then actually hearing a noise with real quantitative volume.

Thats strange. I just feel the presence of somebody in the room, usually by many small details, that my brain put together without me being aware of it. I don't even want to exclude, that I can actually smell different people without really being aware of this, in the sense of really noticing their smell - just something happening in the lower levels of the operating system every second.

Keatah

Reaction score
Eh, the squeak of pulling hair, or sniffling, or spit bubbles coalescing while being swallowed.. ruffling of clothes or heavy breathing and the creak of the floor. That's a dead giveaway.

I pick up a rumble sound. Something like the hum -- [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hum"]The Hum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

statickid

CatDog from Deimos
Donator
Reaction score
Ok ok I admit that was uncalled for, but ya gotta admit - ok ok you don't have to admit anything, that was all on me, sorry :lol:

I know what you're talking about though. According to local lore if you get that feeling in the woods it's because you're being followed by Stick Indians, a race of creepy, dangerous, and malevolent forest beings

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I know what you're talking about though. According to local lore if you get that feeling in the woods it's because you're being followed by Stick Indians, a race of creepy, dangerous, and malevolent forest beings

Could also be just me. :ninja:

Keatah

Reaction score
Happens in dark bathrooms too. It's like a borborygmic convulsion and radiated warmth.

Other noises like flushing toilets in the adjacent women's restrooms or somebody pushing a cart down hallway drowns out the rumble. I don't feel or hear anything with those distractions and interferences.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Happens in dark bathrooms too. It's like a borborygmic convulsion and radiated warmth.

Other noises like flushing toilets in the adjacent women's restrooms or somebody pushing a cart down hallway drowns out the rumble. I don't feel or hear anything with those distractions and interferences.

And now I know how to sneak up on you even with your ESP. Thanks!

statickid

CatDog from Deimos
Donator
Reaction score
So when I originally posted this I was thinking if that alien fish. I'm talking about the one that everyone thought was so mysterious, but it turns out to just be some regular fish that some other folks buy from the super market.

I was kind of hoping it was just shoddy research by the newspaper to make it more mysterious.

Some things I've personally concluded (speculation of course):

1. Informal information collection.
Some reports may be regarding different things.
Not necessarily all the same source.

2. With "big name mystery phenomenon" out there like the Taos Hum, I actually question the validity and motivation for the widespread reporting. (Anti-government conspiracy bandwagon)

3. Some people actually ARE hearing aircraft noises and mortars.

4. I realized that even though the base is blamed for all the noise, and they are responsible for some of it, they might not even be causing the vibrations we feel at our house.

5. It's a farm industry area, maybe a caused by local equipment

6. Media has generated a false connection that is confusing people into believing it is all from a single source

7. Without a consensus of recordings i don't believe it all the same noise or source

---------- Post added at 09:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 AM ----------

I don't typically find myself in these situations of being in public bathrooms with no lights and strangers concealing their presence from me... Are you a federal agent??