Humor Weirdest experiences?

iamwearingpants

Just an Earth-bound misfit, I
Reaction score
What is the most absurd thing that has ever happened to you?
Nothing sexy :shifty:

Mine:
I woke up at 5 in the morning and felt strange; I had the weirdest foreshadowing going on. All of the the sudden I hear screeching metal and a loud boom. Turns out a car had crashed into our porch :blink:
(He was ok)

The weird part: I woke up before it was going to happen.

Last edited:

Mojave

60% Ethanol
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Last week I woke up one day ahead of myself. I kept thinking it was Friday, when it actually was Thursday.

FADEC

Reaction score
I doubt anybody here really wants to know it in my case. But you asked: a former friend of mine having sex with his girlfriend while I was in the room and at least forced to listen until I left (no details...). It was 17 years ago so we were young (and stupid). It was the most weirdest situation I found myself in. Sadly he doesn't live anymore. He died last year but at least he had lots of fun and nice girls in his relatively short life. May he rest in peace.

iamwearingpants

Just an Earth-bound misfit, I
Reaction score
Last week I woke up one day ahead of myself. I kept thinking it was Friday, when it actually was Thursday.

Happens every other week for me :rofl:

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

Woah, FADEC, totally not family friendly. I should have put that disclaimer in sooner! :sick:

Jarvitä

Reaction score
Well, I live by the conviction that since the beginning of the universe, nothing unusual has ever happened. So, nothing springs to mind, and if it did, I'd be tempted to think really hard before pronouncing it "weird".

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
I once read a description of an interesting scene from one book.
I got that (700 pages long) book, opened it at random, and found myself reading the very scene described.
That's the most recent one.

Obviously, unusual and lucky events are easily noticed, while similar routine ones are missed.
Had it ever happened that you walked under a light pole and it suddenly went off?

agentgonzo

Grounded since '09
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.quorg.org
Care to elaborate? There must be some kind of story here.
Unfortunately, it's not much more exciting than what it seems. I lived on a game reserve for a year. A giraffe died. I poked my torso inside the body cavity to have a look around to see what it was like. Nothing particularly of note, but the stench was horrific as it was about 3-6 days old from what we reckoned.

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Unfortunately, it's not much more exciting than what it seems. I lived on a game reserve for a year. A giraffe died. I poked my torso inside the body cavity to have a look around to see what it was like. Nothing particularly of note, but the stench was horrific as it was about 3-6 days old from what we reckoned.

and i thought they smelled bad....on the outside! you knew it was coming
weirdest thing for me was having a dream of kissing this girl i liked (mind you this was like the 4th grade/year) and did the exact same thing in real life...i pronounce that to be weird...:cheers:

APDAF

Reaction score
That is nothing.

When I dream it is either too silly for RL or it will happen hours, days or months later.

Pyromaniac605

Toast! :D
Reaction score
Time isn't linear guys (in my opinion anyway), the same thing happens to me, I'll have a dream of something that seems pretty normal and then, a few days, weeks, even months later it happens exactly as I dreamt. I can even stop people just before they talk and tell them word-for-word what they were going to say, anybody else do that, just to freak everyone out?

Last edited:

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
When I dream it is either too silly for RL or it will happen hours, days or months later.

That happens to me from time to time, too. Outright spooky, isn't it?

MeDiCS

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Had it ever happened that you walked under a light pole and it suddenly went off?
Nah. Many years ago, it would be weird if a certain light pole did not turn off when I passed under it...

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I can even stop people just before they talk and tell them word-for-word what they were going to say, anybody else do that, just to freak everyone out?

I don't intentionally do it, but I've freaked my boss out once. One day at the office, I asked him if I should setup a project repository now. A project we talked about before to get kicked-off later that month...

He replied "why now?". 2 secs later the phone rang, with the customer related to the project announcing that the project is clear to start now.

As you can guess, he looked at me funny the whole month after that. Fortunately, I didn't mention to him that I only asked because the night before I dreamed about the project already been started. He'd have looked funny at me for the full year, otherwise :rofl:.

The really weird thing is: I wasn't particulary interested or connected to this project. It wasn't even a routine task to do, so probability for it to happen was low. Just something to shrug over and move on...

regards,
Face

Jarvitä

Reaction score
That is nothing.

You do realise that the "deja vu" feeling has been all but proven to be psychiatric in origin, and most certainly not a result of mysterious precognition? In the heat of the moment, your brain confuses a current experience with a past memory or dream - which you're conveniently unable to place precisely. Nothing weird or unusual there.

Just something to shrug over and move on...

It strikes me that most things listed as "weird" in here fall neatly into this category. Wait a long time, and low probability events are bound to happen. Remember folks, mystery is a property of (some) explanations, not a property of reality.

Last edited: