Question What did you get/give this Christmas?

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
Yes. It's really a great day. :)

Although on that note, McDonalds' is open today, supposedly because 'firefighters and police work on that day.' Yeah, because McD's is obviously so important. The Fire Dep't makes all their own food anyway. :lol:

Don't forget EMS!:lol:

insanity

Blastronaut
Donator
Reaction score
Gave:
I took a week off work and flew across the country to be with my mom and dad.

Some coffee and a french press to my sister and her boyfriend.

A new jacket and a new GPS for my girlfrined.

Got:
A great new soccer jersey of my favorite team (Ajax of Amsterdam) and a matching scarf.

Some nice running and dress shoes.

Time home with my family and friends out west.

And most importantly, another year of health, prosperity, and happiness in these rough times. Couldn't ask for more in the world.

asbjos

tuanibrO
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Suddently, a week ago, I got keen on a harmonica. I wished me that, so I got it for christmas. :)
So no I'm practicing (but I can't say I'm playing nice yet...)
Maybe this is midlife crisis. If so, it's wery early, or I am just going to be 32 years old :p

astrosammy

Dash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Got a new chair from my mother and stepfather. But not the latest Harry Potter DVD :hmm:, there is still my birthday in 3 weeks...

Gave them 1GB of RAM for their PC.
Was happy to see that it is compatible and makes the PC much faster.
That 256 MB really were the bottleneck...

And a packet from Norway from my father. Salmon and chocolate :speakcool:.

Gave myself IL-2 1946 and Minecraft a few days before christmas...

Wood

Reaction score
Completely unexpected, my Aunt gave me this:
00261908-588556_catl_500.jpg

I haven't had chance to read it yet, but it's filled with absolutely beautiful photographs!

Jarvitä

Reaction score
I don't have any friends/family who celebrate Christmas on the Gregorian calendar (and few that do so on the Julian calendar), so I've still got 2 weeks to prepare for the occasion.

Well, I spoke too soon. A former uni colleague sent me an elaborate email (complete with a Cc: field a few kilobytes long, poor HTML formatting, animated gifs and blinking text, you know the kind) about the magical properties of this time of year according to his belief system. Does that count?

Last edited:

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Well, I spoke too soon. A former uni colleague sent me an elaborate email (complete with a Cc: field a few kilobytes long, poor HTML formatting, animated gifs and blinking text, you know the kind) about the magical properties of this time of year according to his belief system. Does that count?

ouch....
I awoke with a fever, apparently, my gifts are 12 month xbox live membership, Turtle Beach headset, a Gamefly membership, Steve Jobs bio, and an Axe body kit... i bought, 5 Minecraft gift codes, 2 copies of BF3, and a few books for my step-dad.... a normal christmas...:cheers:

Eli13

Fish Dreamer
Reaction score
I got this new Acer Aspire laptop, and I absolutely love it. Beats the crap out of my old HP Pavillion. (4GBs of RAM, 3hz processor, 320 GB HDD, I can't ask for a much better laptop straight out of the box).
Then I also got a brand spankin' new HTC Amaze phone, blazing fast little thing. And a MultiCam Uniform for airsofting, hunting, camping, etc. Looks good, feels good. And MW3, BF3, and Madden 12.

I gave my siblings $25 dollar gift cards to amazon.com. (Not much I know :p) And we all pooled to give my parents a $50 dollar gift card to Outback.

Scav

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Is it just because I'm getting older?

I mean, c'mon. I know I don't possess an engineering degree, nor am I really that mechanically inclined . . . but are Transformers THAT difficult to figure out? :rant:

As usual my son got the lion's share of the stuff. Transformers, Star Wars and Hexbugs were well represented (hey, he's 6. :) ).

I got my wife a Magic Bullet and an oversized heating pad (hey, I really care about her, and she really wanted that stuff. :) ).

I got a copy of Space Shuttle Mission Simulator and some other odds and ends . . . and a weekend with extended family and all their hijinks.

So yeah, it was a good christmas over here. :)

Napalm42

Drell Admiral, Citadel Fleet
Donator
Reaction score
Gave:

To the girlfriend: A French horn themed Christmas ornament, a French horn poster, a 24-k plated trombone pin, and a scarf. (Obviously, she's a musician. :lol:)

To the rest of the family: Blood sweat and tears and an admission letter to the University of Miami ? I don't get much in cash, but it went fwwwooooop after the girlfriends things (and the mandatory expected gift to my goddaughter. Sometimes I really hate that 59.99 dollar price tag on new games.)

Got:

A 1:144 scale model (which still needs assembly and painting) of the Saturn V rocket, complete with LM and detachible stages.

Some manly cologne and body wash (which could be insinuating something, I hope not.)

One of those guitar games for the Xbox, Rocksmith, that uses a real guitar as a controller instead of a plastic thing (my poor fingers.)

A set of business cards for my VSA, courtesy my father, who watches me play Orbiter over my shoulder.

An electric beard trimmer courtesy of the mother (damn thing comes back within two days.)

Batman: Arkham City courtesy of grandmother.

A few gift cards to GameStop (eugh) from the aunts.

And finally, two shirts (one of which I am wearing) and a concert DVD for my favorite band, Coheed and Cambria.

'twas a good Christmas indeed.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Unexpectedly received a digital camera from my grandparents later in the day. Finally, it'll stop me from constantly stealing my parents' camera. :lol:

More importantly, got to spend some time with those grandparents. This may well be the last Christmas we share with them.

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
Oh and I got an EMS textbook!:lol:

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Got:
Cycling Barrier Jacket
Cycling Thermal Tights
Cycling Wool Socks
Under Armour Ninja Mask:ninja: (for those really cold days!)
Cycling Multi-Tool
Chain Cleaner Kit

Additional stuff not from my Amazon wishlist included; Starbucks gift cards, cash, Runner's World magazine subscription, new pair of jeans, some running dry-fit shirts, and some stocking stuffer novelties.

Gave:
Personalized gift cards for each person. (I believe in letting people buy what they really want instead of buying something you think they want or might already have. :))

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
(for those really cold days!)
Really cold days...in Texas??

It's about -24C (32 fahrenheit) here today, how about you? :p

(And we're out cutting wood in workcoats and no scarfs)

Last edited:

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Really cold days...in Texas??

It's about -24C (32 fahrenheit) here today, how about you? :p

This morning was 40F... that's pretty dang cold, especially when you're riding 20-30 mph on a bike. :p

If I lived where you did, I would have gotten an indoor trainer for winter instead of the warm clothing. Thankfully we can cycle year round down here. :)

ky

Director of Manned Spaceflight
Reaction score
What I got: $10 and a box of cologne

What I gave: A necklace to my girlfriend, $20 Gift card to Target to my mom and dad ($40 in total), a $10 gift card to Walmart to my sister, and a teddy bear to a girl in my class.

Dang Economy :dry:

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
Got Assassins Creed:Revelations, a Sony PSP and Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep, but no Memory Stick, so I can't save yet. :/ Dad gave me another couple of Gigs of RAM for my PC, but it was DDRIII RAM, and my PC takes DDRII RAM, so I'm going to have to wait for that as well.

fsci123

Future Dubstar and Rocketkid
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I got a drum set to make me some music.... And 350 bucks....

I wanted a fixed phone and call of duty with an xbox