Question What games are you playing?

WingC3

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
The issue here is that that helps you only moderately if you need historical maps...
Google Earth has that data as well. It's obviously not available for free, and some of it would need some work in terms of colourisation, but their data set is realy impressive.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Guess who took the torp... :confused:

Actually very good move from that Typhoon !

Capture d’écran (388).png

predattak

Reaction score
Guess who took the torp... :confused:
They fight for their lives in this mod like you wouldn't believe it.
What happened? Broken wire?

On the bright side ... you just hunted whales with ... heavy duty torpedoes :cool: only amateurs do it with harpoons.
Plus maybe the whale was a commie too .. she deserved it. :LOL:

steph

Reaction score
Dying Light 2., and I'm hoping to try Metro Exodus soon. The game is either marvelous or traumatizing, depending on what you're looking for :D. Apart from the obvious fear of heights, some of the quests are truly epic when it comes to exploiting ' natural' fears, like that of the unkwon.Stuff like going in an abandoned metro tunnel, lights go out and soon enough you know there is something cetrainly there, but you don't know what. Then someone bolts past you and you don't know if it's your friend running for his life or something else. You fire up your torchlight, and in the faint flickering LED light, you see a silouette moving, but it's to erratic to get a good look at it. Also, since you turned on your light you just became a target, and the thing doesn't look survivable at your level :LOL:
Huge map with a decrepit urban landscape (game time is 15 years after the fall of civilization). I'm actually not that much into zombie stuff, it actually 'grew' on medue to the survival part and the 'realism'., as in they ried to make it at least as realistic as they could given the context. But the night chases are something else, truly. The first one was brutal , but somewhat simplistic.

First one was in a blasted post-soviet town, this one is in post-apocaliptic Austria. Sort of fitting given the current situation. And they changed the story since the pandemic, first one was 'natural accident', which ended due to vaccines, but DL2 is lab escape of a more potent strain because they kept messing with the original one :rolleyes:

Last edited:

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Wolfeinstein II : The New Colossus.

Quite a blast. Not far from P. K. Dick The Man in the High Castle.

The Roswell town scene is one of the creepiest things I've seen those last years. The diner scene is a real gem.

Last edited:

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Mercury IV (first orbital attempt) was a catastrophic failure. A low blow. I don't think Mercury has any "throttle". :unsure:

R.I.P. Walker. It was a quick death. :salute:

Good thing my Gemini/Titan program is almost ready, because Mercury reliability went into the toilets.

RIS_failure01.jpg

MaxBuzz

Reaction score
Alfa: Antiterror (hardcore game about military operation in Chechnya)
Syrian Warfare (Russian military intervention in the Syrian civil war)

gamer19

Reaction score
Russian military intervention :unsure:
kinda reminds me of today's special military operation they perform these days
perhaps a sequel

Caracal

Reaction score
i'm playing euro truck simulator. it's nice to drive across europe, i particularly like the scandinavian DLC. still have to get into american truck sim

MaxBuzz

Reaction score
special military operation
now the company is completing Terminator Dark Fate Defiance, but judging by the forum, the next game will be devoted to this topic

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
i'm playing euro truck simulator. it's nice to drive across europe, i particularly like the scandinavian DLC. still have to get into american truck sim

I still didn't find the motivation to get a new gamepad, I have still a lot of USA to cover there.

And yeah, Norway is extremely beautiful in ETS2, I loved driving to Bergen.

MaxBuzz

Reaction score
a simulator for drivers being tested for a driver's license can turn into a game (the goal is to follow the rules of the road in Russia)

Caracal

Reaction score
I still didn't find the motivation to get a new gamepad, I have still a lot of USA to cover there.

And yeah, Norway is extremely beautiful in ETS2, I loved driving to Bergen.

Yeah, it's really pretty once you get near the mountain ranges. With the most modern DLCs that they've launched like Italia and Iberia, there's a lot of attention to detail, like for example the toll roads in italy

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Yeah, it's really pretty once you get near the mountain ranges. With the most modern DLCs that they've launched like Italia and Iberia, there's a lot of attention to detail, like for example the toll roads in italy

Yeah, but alone the tiny detail of having companies with those sliding gates really increased the european feeling a lot. And of course, that sometimes you can see a Lamborghini police car in Italy. ;)

steph

Reaction score
It's a pity it's not available on Xbox. Perhaps even Android would have worked, just by using the broadcast feature. Looked at some youtube vids of it, it's come a long way since 2013. And it looks like you can even mod it to drive 'normal' cars if you want to.

I've recently installed Forza Horizon 5 and, well, it's a massive disappointment. It's not that it doesn't look good, and it has like more than a hundred cars and all that, but most of them are just flashy supercars. I had expected more classics, but apparently it's not the case. I was super-curious about the 'dynamic weather system', but that simply doesn't exist in-game. The skyscapes look good, but there's no parallax, even when driving at 400 km/h on the highway and no realism about the weather and cloud types etc. There are like 4 'biomes', each with different possible weather, while the sky mostly changes much slower over the entire map. And so you end up with stuff like raining out of blue skies , dust storms that start and stop suddenly etc.

And, of course, it doesn't really add anything compared to Horizon 4, it feels mostly like a reskin. And the storyline feels made for a 10yr old kid, but the game forces you to play it anyways. It's not that it's not good, but I had expected improvements. In a way, the maps from 3 and 4 looked a bit more realistic. I mostly got 'hooked' on the Motorsport series, and was expecting sort of the same from Horizon, but in a more open world setting. Thing is, most of the roads in 5 look more like racetracks. Barely any traffic, much wider than normal, some tilted bends etc. If I wanted that, I would have stuck to Motorsport. And don't even get me going about the damage model, which is almost non-existent even in 'realistic' mode. Burnout had gotten this stuff right 10 years ago, and 'the best racing sim' nowadays can't even model crashes and technical failures

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
If you want cars that feel really different during driving, try the older "Dirt Rally" (formely Colin McRae series) ... the physics at least feel too correct there, playing it with gamepad is really hard, I think wheel and pedals would be easier, especially on unpaved roads.