What music are you listening to?

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
While waiting for some film to be developed I wandered into an antique store and walked out with Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band on vinyl. My first ever actual Beatles record!

Listening to it now on my old turntable. What a FANTASTIC album. No wonder this is one of the greatest rock and roll bands ever.

images

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Fresh from the press... well sort of

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Frank Turner's 'Last Minutes and Lost Evenings'

I don't think I've listened to an album that's had me on such an emotional rollercoaster before.

Pablo49

Reaction score
While waiting for some film to be developed I wandered into an antique store and walked out with Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band on vinyl. My first ever actual Beatles record!
Does this happen to be a version with the gibberish on the lock groove and 15 kHz tone on the run-out?

tomthenose

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
i just got a record player recently, and have been enjoying scavenging for vinyl in the bargain bins of the world. Currently enjoying 'music von harmonium' by 'harmonium' (members of cluster and neu), pioneering techno from 70's Germany. would make pretty good Orbiter soundtrack.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I actually have a copy of this in my collection (click on image instead of bar for link to more pics of the case & label):

I've had it since I was a small child. Recently when my father moved into a nursing home, my brother and I cleaned out the closets of our childhood home and found the record collection. This was among the stack. Seeing it brought back so many memories. I used to just sit and listen to it for hours.

But currently I have no record player to play it on. :(

Last edited:

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score

Listening to it now on my old turntable. What a FANTASTIC album. No wonder this is one of the greatest rock and roll bands ever.

Does this happen to be a version with the gibberish on the lock groove and 15 kHz tone on the run-out?

Nope. I had read about that and was hoping it was but it just ran out and ended.:(

When I was growing up a friend of mine had a copy of Rush's album Fly By Night, which had an endless loop of chimes tinkling at the end of By Tor and the Snow Dog. I was envious...

tomthenose

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
thanks orb, @n112vu that does look like a cool record, is it a spoken word history of humanities obsession with the moon? get thee to a record player!

E

ex-orbinaut

A little something I cooked up. Enjoy:

Your production? Rather hypnotic with a somewhat post-apocalyptic looking video, deliberately so, I am sure! Some Pink Floyd influence evident. Nice!

As for what I just listened to earlier today; this, after several years (did not even know who the singer was, just remembered the tune). I wager the Cyrillic writing on the submarine hatch is probably gibberish!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5nnSi0J6uE"]Chayanne - No Te Preocupes Por Mi - YouTube[/ame]

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
I started listening to the Starbound soundtrack today. It's surprising how great it is.
You'll have to pay $5 for it, but it's nearly 6 hours of fantastic orchestral and piano music.
EDIT: Here's some preview tracks! http://playstarbound.com/soundtrack/

Last edited: