What music are you listening to?

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Been grooving to The Moody Blues since we saw them several weeks ago. Made a CD of their set list for the kiddo. Justin Hayward is a very underrated guitarist, and the band is too good for the Hall of Fame. (I used to think they were being snubbed and overlooked, turns out they are just in a higher category)

Aeadar

Lurker Representitive
Donator
Reaction score
Been grooving to The Moody Blues since we saw them several weeks ago. Made a CD of their set list for the kiddo. Justin Hayward is a very underrated guitarist, and the band is too good for the Hall of Fame. (I used to think they were being snubbed and overlooked, turns out they are just in a higher category)

Indeed.
Saw them some years back with the Denver Symphony Orchestra...simply outstanding.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
No one expects the saxophone! err Spanish Inquisition!

Indeed.
Saw them some years back with the Denver Symphony Orchestra...simply outstanding.

Was that the concert at Red Rocks? Because that really was an excellent concert. The audio CD is of a questionable sound quality (to me at least) but the DVD is astounding.

Last edited:

Aeadar

Lurker Representitive
Donator
Reaction score
No one expects the saxophone! err Spanish Inquisition!

Was that the concert at Red Rocks? Because that really was an excellent concert. The audio CD is of a questionable sound quality (to me at least) but the DVD is astounding.

The very one. The funny thing is, it was so long ago ('92 I think) and both of our PBS stations here liked to run that DVD during their fund drives for many years, that I hardly remember the actual show at this point as I've seen the DVD so many times.

You remind me that nobody at work has any familiarity at all with Monty Python except my department head, to whom I've been pitching the idea of learning 'the Argument Clinic' so that we can walk in to a meeting and say, "Is this the right room for an argument?", and who ever is already there can take it up from that point.
Not much success so far. I may be forced to poke him with a soft cushion.:lol:

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
This isn't an arguement, it's a series of contradictions. :rofl:

Next time they run that DVD for a fund drive I'm contributing just for the sole purpose of getting it. My dad was a Moodys fan in the Denny Laine era and wasn't all that familiar with anything after 'Chord. That concert made him a fan of their "new" stuff.

I've been a fan since The Other Side of Life, and went backwards through the discography to discover their "old" stuff (old isn't adequate, more like timeless). Rumor control has it their next concert will have some original mat'l. Justin Hayward had to cancel a few dates on his Stage Door tour due to laryngitis, but is planning to be back in business for Dallas tonight.

I really hope they come to town again, but Chattanooga is a strange venue. We get some great bands here and there, it's just not a big enough place.

Last edited:

Slowmind

Reaction score
Website
smartym.pro
There are many posts about Pink Floyd. IMO - one of their most amazing songs is Marooned. No lyrics, just guitar and atmosphere of total depression.
Always been fond of Chris Cornell (any of his bands - Soundgarden, Temple of the dog, Audioslave, solo) and Myles Kennedy (The Mayfield Four, Alter Bridge, Slash).
Also there was always a special place in my heart for Red Hot Chili Peppers. :)

K_Jameson

Reaction score
There are many posts about Pink Floyd. IMO - one of their most amazing songs is Marooned. No lyrics, just guitar and atmosphere of total depression.

Not quite the best instrumental Floyd song, although very, very good.
The only that has won a Grammy award... :facepalm:

steph

Reaction score

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ak1-qLbHHCM"]Dynatron - Pulse Power - YouTube[/ame]

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Last edited:

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator