U2
Alejandro Sanz
Powerman 5000

Just wondering what people listen to.

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Well, I've been on an extended Pink Floyd kick for many months, now. I also have been listening to Radiohead and the new Portishead, which really has grown on me. (I guess I should listen to Motorhead, too. Anyone know any other groups with "head" in the name?)

When I'm online I usually listen to www.pandora.com, where I have several different channels. Lately I've been listening to a hip hop channel which I custom-made by entering the search term "Black Elvis" (a song by Kool Keith), which yielded a bunch of 90's underground rap.

Despite being a college student in the 90s, I missed out on a lot of pop culture, and it always takes a few years for me to catch up with underground stuff.

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Currently jammin Ministry of Sound Trance Nation America and some Paul Oakenfold.

Andy44

Addon Developer
Reaction score
Currently jammin Ministry of Sound Trance Nation America and some Paul Oakenfold.

Cool. I like the Oakenfold song played during the end credits of the first X-Files movie and wound up buying the CD.

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Which song/CD was that Andy?

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
Currently I have "Moby - God Moving over the Face of the Waters" in a heavy rotation/repeat/loop. Meaning it runs for ~6 hours and every time I am remembered of how good a movie heat is.

Otherwise I am always good for some Pink Floyd. Lately I have been listening mostly to Daft Punk and some underground dutch hardcore/terror I ripped off this awesome stream a few years ago.

nbh

Reaction score
Most of the time I have been listening to Eric Clapton.

Andy44

Addon Developer
Reaction score
Which song/CD was that Andy?

Oops, my mistake! It was Teotihuacan by Noel Gallagher:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/X-Files-Album-Fight-Future/dp/B000006OAQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1219983259&sr=1-2"]Amazon.com: The X-Files: The Album - Fight The Future: Filter, Tonic, Foo Fighters, Ween, Sarah McLachlan, Better Than Ezra, Björk, The Cardigans, The Cure, Noel Gallagher: Music[/ame]

Overall a pretty good CD. One More Murder by Better Than Ezra (remember them?) is a great song.

(In fact, there're a lot of "remember them" type artists on this disk. And it was only the late 90s. Makes me feel old.)

TSPenguin said:
Otherwise I am always good for some Pink Floyd.

You just gained cool points. Growing up I never appreciated Floyd; but the last few years I realized what I was missing out on when I started listening to entire albums rather than the radio tracks.

Something else to check out is a Saturday night/Sunday morning radio show from University of Pennsylvania's radio station that streams online. It's an awesome space music show which I've listened to since freshman year in college. Thank god for the internet. www.starsend.org

Biscuit

Donator
Reaction score
Floyd - 'Wish You Were Here' and 'Animals' stay at the top of my list ... Daft Punk ... Hayseed Dixie ...

... and just added a few Knorkator tunes for some reason. :p

liber

Reaction score
Website
www.bw.org
Yngwie J. Malmsteen and others. :beach:

clipboard02th7.jpg

simonpro

Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Reaction score
My most played list has Basshunter, Cascada, 7cEil, Kleerup and Muse at the top.

At the moment I'm listening to two almbums more than otehrs though:
September - September 2004 (Can't love myself is a super track)
Ramms+ein - Rosenrot (all super) and
Kent - Tillbaka till samtiden (Colombus is cool)

(edit) Actually Generation Ex is probably my favourite on the Kent album.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Generally, Heavy Metal (Gamma Ray, Manowar, Blind Guardian, Iron Savior) and Medieval (-inspired) music (Corvus Corax, Schandmaul, Subway to Sally, Rabenschrey).

But I don't listen to this all the time... some variation is good.

SiberianTiger

News Sifter
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
tigerofsiberia.livejournal.com
In whatever order Winamp maintains my playlist:

Abba; Ace of Base; Adriano Celentano; Aerosmith; Alan Stivell; Алиса; Bach; Blackmore's Night; Боярский Михаил; Clannad; Deep Purple; DDT; Dido; Jean Michel Jarre; Joe Dassin; Paul Mills; Stan Rogers; Loreena McKennitt; Metallica; Nightwish; Notre Dame De Paris tracks; Pink Floyd; Пламя; Рыбников Алексей - Юнона и Авось; Стадион; Roxette; Шостакович Дмитрий, симфония №7; lot of stuff from sovmusic.ru; Sting; U2; Vacuum; Vanessa Mae; Земфира; Тампль; Игорь Чижик, песни про Байконур; Айрэ и Саруман; Вадим Егоров; Ветер Воды; Дольский Александр; Испытание близнецов; Йовин; Крыс и Шмендра; Лита; Мельница; На'Тот; Тол Мириам; Нэнси; Якупов Руст; Тэм; Ягода Гало; Георгий Свиридов; Виктор Цой; Андрей Макаревич; Олег Митяев; Наутилус; Lion King musical tracks; Dean Reed; Songs about Che Guevara; Зоя Ященко и Белая Гвардия

(now totalling 2567 tracks)

bujin

Reaction score
Well, I've been on an extended Pink Floyd kick for many months, now.

I've been on an extended Pink Floyd kick since I first heard the* PULSE concert in 1994... :lol:

If I'm not listening to Pink Floyd, I'm usually listening to David Gilmour's solo stuff. And occasionally, I'll branch out to Evanescence and Weird Al Yankovic. And on very rare occasions, I'll even stick on an Echobelly album.

But at the moment, it's almost all Pink Floyd/David Gilmour. My musical taste is rather limited...

* technically, it's the second time I'd heard Pink Floyd, as I have vivid recollections of Another Brick in the Wall from back when I was around 3 years old. It's one of my earliest memories.

Poscik

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Generally I'm listening to Club Music. I have over 1500 tracks and a lot of new works. What I can recommend?
Liz Kay - True Faith (Samuraj Extended Remix) -> new version of old New Order's song. Very nice with very nice vocal.

Jarvitä

Reaction score
I love folk rock and power metal, right now I mostly listen to Gregorian, Tanzwut, Fintroll, In Extremo and Manowar.