What music are you listening to?

Moonwalker

Reaction score
Everything that fits into Orbiter. When I'm flying historical missions I also often hear music from that time. I'm only listenig to music in Orbiter :lol:.

Same here :lol: ;)

This is what I like...

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
My personal favorite for blasting off into space is Nightwish - Crimson Tide/Deep Blue Sea (A Heavy Metal instrumental version of the movie scores). Of course, it is far away from silence in space... but rocks.

Damn, I sometimes love the gray nature of Youtube....

Belisarius

Obsessed with reality. Why?
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I'm listening to some full-on psychadelic trance. Awesome.

In playlist:

-> 1200 Micrograms - Magic Numbers
-> Joti Sidhu - Long Long Arms
-> Tegma - In All Ears
-> DJ OrwellKid - Live @ Eclipse 2008

Any chance you could send me some of these tracks? Please PM me if you can

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Speaking of heavy metal, I've been getting back to the roots recently with some old school Black Sabbath. The stuff is magical.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Speaking of heavy metal, I've been getting back to the roots recently with some old school Black Sabbath. The stuff is magical.

I lately got some Dio stuff from a friend, also really cool old stuff. :)

Andy44

Addon Developer
Reaction score

When I was in high school in the 1980s I saw 2 or 3 Dio concerts, when Ronnie James Dio had his own band and was on top of his career. I was too young to see him when he was singing for Black Sabbath, and I was about ten years too young to see the original lineup of Black Sabbath. I wish I had known they did a reunion tour in the 90s, I would loved to have seen them. At least I got to see Geezer Butler when he toured with Ozzy back around 94 or so. That's half a Sabbath, anyway...

SlyCoopersButt

Reaction score
I've got the Blue Danube which I love to play and is excellent quality. Is great in Orbiter with Sputniks 2001 addon! The majority of tracks I have are old school DooM tracks from various consoles as well as an assortment of Star Wars tracks. My favorites being Standby and Rogue Title And,, who can forget,, Imperial March!

Andy44

Addon Developer
Reaction score
Speaking of Dio, here's a song from a concert I actually attended in Philadelphia in what, 1985 maybe? I even remember the pattern painted on Vivian Cambell's guitar from that night.

As for old school Black Sabbath, just search around on youtube for some awesome vids. There is a youtube of Cali Jam 74 which is audio only, but it is a very crude pirate recording and it is amazing to hear Tony Iommi's guitar and Ozzy's voice. Just raw and hard and kickass, the way old school heavy metal was back in the 1970s, before the Hollywood hairspray crowd came along. Just great rock and roll, have a listen:

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score
That brings back some old high school memories. Add Iron Maiden to those, too. For some reason, I just doesn't sound as good on my modern bells-and-whistles stereo as it did on the jury-rigged stereo/portable CD I had in hooked up in my '79 Gemini (called a Buick Opel in the US, I think)!

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
My personal favorite for blasting off into space is Nightwish - Crimson Tide/Deep Blue Sea (A Heavy Metal instrumental version of the movie scores). Of course, it is far away from silence in space... but rocks.

Damn, I sometimes love the gray nature of Youtube....

Awesome! Great vid, thanks for posting. Definitely adding that one to my list.

Andy44

Addon Developer
Reaction score
I agree, that was cool, Urwumpe.

I like heavy metal, but I'm not a fan of the stuff where it just sounds the "singer" is choking on the microphone. What is that, death metal or black metal or whatever they call it?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
What is that, death metal or black metal or whatever they call it?

Both styles using grunting as vocal style. Viking metal also relies often on it. Trash metal more rarely, but it was heard. And it is unheardof in heavy Metal and power metal.

And no, I can also live well without it.

There is only one Black Metal band, I can listen to without getting sick, and this is Agathodaimon, at least the older more progressive records of them, like "higher art of rebellion" are very unusual for the pretty fundamentalist black metal scene.

Kveldulf

Reaction score
I agree, that was cool, Urwumpe.

I like heavy metal, but I'm not a fan of the stuff where it just sounds the "singer" is choking on the microphone. What is that, death metal or black metal or whatever they call it?
Its in Death Metal, its in Black Metal, its in lots of metal these days.

It has also grown on me to the point where I prefer it in many cases. :p Although Nightwish is still one of my favorite bands. I guess thats what being a metal head with a musical background will do to you *shrug*

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
BTW, these people think your choice of music indicates your personality type:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/7598549.stm

Since I like multiple types of music, I guess I have both low and high self-esteem at the same time...

The guy must have included emocore, punk/hardcore and gothic into the rock/Heavy Metal line and ignored the vast majority of the scene. I have strong doubts the professor saw the most famous case study of Heavy Metal in the wild nature "Full Metal Village", a German documentary about the Village Wacken and the worlds largest Heavy metal festival, which they host for many years now. It is really hard to find examples of low-selfesteem and lazyness there. And not outgoing does also not fit well then.

Low selfesteem. Did this guy talk to Steven Tyler?

Andy44

Addon Developer
Reaction score
Metallica's new album comes out in a few days. I can't wait, it looks like they're going back to the old school days a little bit.

reverend

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
sorry, just had to follow up, i've just finished the first version of take a bow i thought was worth releasing...

http://tellan.net/take.a.bow.bow.rev1.mp3

just couldn't leave you hanging with an uncompleted song :)

comments welcome (only if you like it).

Eagle

The Amazing Flying Tuna Can
Reaction score
I've been listening to Ozzy Osborne's music recently. Very good.

I've been using http://www.playlist.com because I don't own enough of his music.

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
Allright, time to add some music.
-Down to Earth, Peter Gabriel
-Learn to fly, Foo fighters
-Rocketman, Elton John
-Some Daft punk
-The Axiom, Wall-E OST