Whats up with AMSO

ACSoft

AMSO Founder
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Hey guys becuase M6 is down i havnt been hearing the devlopment of AMSO is going to if you have gotten in touch with ACsoft and if you could tell me how the devlopment is going.
Thanks.
Ryan

Hi Ryan,

Actually, I have finished the code implementation for the future new LRV which will be present into the LM descent stage, in stowed configuration since the begin of the mission. It will be then deployed on the Moon, exactly like the real one, with probably the most complex multiple animations ever made in Orbiter.

But now, I have decided not to launch the realisation of any new other features, until Luis has come to the point to be up to date with the graphic work he should do. The LRV has even made his list of work longer. I cannot continue to dig the delay gap between us, by always going faster than he can go. So, I take some "Hollydays" !!!

As mentionned earlier, the target is to reach the "cross road" version 2.00. The code reached already this point more or less. Now, remain all graphic works which are still missing. This work concern mostly the finishing of several Moon bases and the creation of the 2 missing one. It is also planed to finish the VC cockpits. The VC's versions actually published are the "experimental" versions. If you look carefully, you will remark that not all parts of the cockpits are fully finished. This graphic work list contain also a lot of small details corrections.

ACS

kepler

Reaction score
Dear ACS,
thank you very much for the work you (and your friends) have done, I'm sure, IMHO, that AMSO is at the present the best addon for Orbiter :speakcool:

What I think would be really great is a randevouz between AMSO and NASSP! Imagine flying the Apollo 11 with the really beautiful graphics of AMSO and the possibility of using the AGC and a fully functional virtual cockpit... :cheers:

Can we dream about it? :p

Have a nice holiday! ;)

Missioncmdr

Reaction score
Good to see more familar faces (avatars?) here. Cannot wait to see what is in store for the continued development of AMSO.

ryan

That guy
Reaction score
Thanks ACS alot cant wait for the new version, enjoy your holidays try not to flirt with much girls beside the pool (jokeing). The unfolding LRV will be great, more realism when it comes to moon walking.
Thanks.
Ryan.

BlueDragon8144

Reaction score
Surprisingly, you could also look at Itunes, though it'd cost you money, lol. I was surprised when I even saw audio excerpts from all the apollo missions on Itunes. 222 excerpts totaling 7.7 hours

BlueDragon8144

Reaction score
Apollo 11 itself is 1.9 hours long

I checked the audio in AMSO, and that only lasts 40 minutes total.

Yeah, call me stupid, but I bought it :lol:

ryan

That guy
Reaction score
Yeah maybe you could some of the clips on to ACsoft becuase hes making sound packs for each mission at a time, hes only done apollo 11 at the moment but hes moving on to apollo 12 and all them, he would appriciate your help.
Thanks.
Ryan.

BlueDragon8144

Reaction score
well, it's not like it's hard to do. Alain did say that we can make our own soundpacks. At the very least, I can do the major mission stuff like prelaunch, ascent, reentry, pdi, landing, etc.

ryan

That guy
Reaction score
Yeah i asked ACsoft to take special care with apollo 12, not just because its my favorite apollo mission but to honor the memory of Pete Conrad who was the Commander of Apollo 12 and said the almost more famous words then Niel Armstrong ''whoopee, man that may of been a small one for Neil, but it's a long one for me!'' as he stepped off the leg of the LM.