Poll What's Your Monitor's Aspect Ratio?

Ratio of Your Monitor(s)

• Total voters

Moach

Crazy dude with a rocket
Addon Developer
Reaction score
1680x1060 :thumbup:

which i guess makes my screen a 16:10, so i voted wrong :facepalm: (didn't see the right one at first... just woke up, c'mon :lol:)

my secondary is a 3:4... :rolleyes:

and actually, i see how i could find a larger screen with a same-thing resolution, like Ross said, very comfortable to use... you see, if you have even a very mild case of hyperopia (also known as "tired eyesight"), working long hours with a close-up visual focus becomes a problem by the end of the day...

this wouldn't happen with a larger screen proportionally positioned farther away, i think....

but i just might not be worth the added price tag... ridiculously not worth it, actually :lol:

Last edited:

Mandella

Space Cultist
Donator
Reaction score
16:9 and I love it. Games and Orbiter look so much better on the wider screen, and I prefer my layout of browser and icons.

As for the whole weird HD debate, my largest screen is 22 inches I think, and I set at normal desk distance from it. Everything seems crisp and readable to me.

Ross

Reaction score
Spoiled? I'd run away screaming with such a low resolution on such a big screen.

21" 16:10 and 19" 4:3 here.

Actually it looks quite nice...I could run it in 1920X1080 but there really isnt much difference, and there would be a noticable framerate loss. I sit pretty close to it actually...It has been very nice. Other TV's that I have tried haven't really worked as monitors, but this one has a really good picture. 16:9 FTW!!!!!! (Plus it was super cheap) :thumbup:

------------

I've got a question: Why is it that my second monitor (a Viewsonic 22" LCD) supports 1080P through HDMI, but when I put a VGA cord into it (since my laptop only has one HDMI port), it goes 4:3?

------------

One other thing...using Vistaboost with Orbiter (the module that turns off font smoothing), or just manually turning off font smoothing doesn't help my framerate at all, and it really puts uneccessary strain on my eyes for any text that appears on my screen (in notepad or a web-browser). Without the font smoothing, I have a very hard time reading the text on my screen, but with it on, the text is crisp and the letters have more "substance" to them. That's the main thing for me.

I don't think I've ever had a 16:10 aspect ratio monitor...oh wait, my laptop screen is 1440x900...that's 16:10...I think I quite honestly prefer the letterbox 16:9 format...

Although....16:10 is closer to a golden rectangle, and those greeks loved their golden (ratio, number, rectangle) anythings, so 16:10 might truly be better!

Last edited:

HarvesteR

Reaction score
15:4 here :)

Resolution is 3840x1024.

I've got a Triple Head setup here, using 3 19" LCDs, each running at 1280x1024... since they're 3 5:4 screens side-by-side, my screen is 15:4 ;)

Worth every penny!

Cheers

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
19' LCD 4:3 (2 ms), and happy with it. I haven't a lot of room on my messy desktop, so it's nice.

I don't like 16:9, and as said before the fashion is to sell "HD" monitors with awful latency delays...

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
.I could run it in 1920X1080

That's quite a seizable resolution for a TV-set, actually... But again, how far do you have to sit from the thing? If you can't make out any difference between 1280x720 and 1920x1080 you're either sitting pretty far away, or something with your eyes isn't as it should be...

I've got a question: Why is it that my second monitor (a Viewsonic 22" LCD) supports 1080P through HDMI, but when I put a VGA cord into it (since my laptop only has one HDMI port), it goes 4:3?

Nothing to do with your Monitor, your graphics card is most likely not up to the task. Try installing newest drivers and see if that lets you access a wider selection of resolutions, if not, you're out of luck.

Last edited:

Turbinator

Reaction score
Unstung, you got the 16:10 reduced wrong. It should be as 8:5

Mine is 1440 x 900 at 16:10

I prefer 16:10 over 16:9 because you get more vertical screen-realestate.
And is very close to the [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_ratio"]Golden ratio - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Last edited:

Keatah

Reaction score
For a second, when I was going through the message lists I re-read the title to this thread and thought, for just a second, it asked "What's Your Mother's Aspect Ratio?" !!!!!:rofl::rofl:

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Another 1366x768 here. What a wacky number. Thank goodness Orbiter supports it. :p

For a second, when I was going through the message lists I re-read the title to this thread and thought, for just a second, it asked "What's Your Mother's Aspect Ratio?" !!!!!:rofl::rofl:
I did too, just now. Cr-azy! :rofl:

Keatah

Reaction score
When I was a hot-to-trot early adopter, I paid $9,000 USD for a big screen LCD back in the day. Vintage 2004. I still have it because it works nicely. It is a 1366x768 display too.