Poll Which internet browser do you use to visit Orbiter-Forum.com?

Which internet browser do you use to visit Orbiter-Forum.com?

• AOL Explorer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Camino 2

• Chrome 2

• Internet Explorer 6

• Internet Explorer 7

• Netscape Navigator 9

• Opera 9.5

• Safari 4

• SeaMonkey 2

• Total voters

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
While we can see general percentage stats of browsers used, I am curious to get a public poll of the browsers Orbinauts are using to visit Orbiter-Forum. If your browser is not listed in the poll or if you're using an older version please indicate which by replying in this thread.

Thank you for participating! :cheers:

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Previously used Firefox (and I still use it on one of my computers), but IE8 is good enough and doesn't have the memory usage or desire to crash that firefox has.

insanity

Blastronaut
Donator
Reaction score
Previously used Firefox (and I still use it on one of my computers), but IE8 is good enough and doesn't have the memory usage or desire to crash that firefox has.
I swear you work for MS. :p

Anyways, I use firefox or opera, but Firefox 3.5.7 has been quite stable for me.

Firefox users should check out:
about:mozilla
http://about<b></b>:mozilla

Last edited:

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I use both Chrome and Firefox. With no fancy add-ons

SpaceNut

Reaction score
I swear you work for MS. :p

Anyways, I use firefox or opera, but Firefox 3.5.7 has been quite stable for me.

Firefox users should check out:
about:mozilla
LOL, no doubt... IE is the slowest browser on the market!

willy88

Tinkerer
Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
For the last few weeks I've been using Chrome. It's fast, very ergonomic, and takes up very little screen real estate. :thumbup:

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
LOL, no doubt... IE is the slowest browser on the market!
Marginally (and unnoticeably) slower is, to me, an acceptable price to pay for a browser that doesn't have a giant memory leak and doesn't crash several times a day.

insanity

Blastronaut
Donator
Reaction score
Marginally (and unnoticeably) slower is, to me, an acceptable price to pay for a browser that doesn't have a giant memory leak and doesn't crash several times a day.
How's the weather in Redmond, WA anyways?:lol:

Linguofreak

Reaction score
Well, last time we had such a poll on the forums, I was still using IE on 2000/XP.

Now I'm using Opera 10 on Ubuntu.

Probably the biggest draw for me was the mouse gestures.

ThatGuy

Reaction score
Firefox 3.5. Though I've heard that IE8 is good.

Reaction score
I use nightly trunk builds of Firefox, called Minefield. It's not listed, so I picked Firefox 3.5.

Dambuster

Reaction score
I had been using Firefox 3.5, but now I've switched over to Chrome. The only thing I miss are the download accelerators.

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Glad to see so many using Firefox! Since that is what I always use, the site will look and function the best with FF, but it should work just fine with any other (up-to-date) browser. Also glad Vash sorted out the navigation tab problems with Chrome since many are switching to that browser.

Personally my choices would be Firefox first, Opera second, IE never. I notice no "memory leak" with Firefox, it's never crashed once for me, and it's not just marginally faster than IE... it's a lot faster than IE.

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
Firefox 3.5 for me :cheers:

dansteph

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.dansteph.com
FF 3.5.7 here. Never had any crash with it.

I was pro-microsoft during years but the unfinished & moronic Vista p*** me and IE8 caused a lot of problems on my XP-SP3-up-to-date. I definitively don't like the 2000 era Ms team. So first time that I use something else than Ms browser and I don't regreat.

I'll not use Chrome because Google start to centralise to much info on users with too much power in their hand for my taste.
I'm not against big company but I think that privacy is all about maintaining a fair balance beetween them.

Dan

Last edited:

Vanguard

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score

Ditto. I find myself gravitating back to IE8 in certain situations. FF seems to be a memory pig. Did a few tests and took IE8 and FF to the same webpages, especially those with flash and java content, and the FF mem usage just kept going up, and up, and up...

One thing I noticed while doing a few of these tests was that, a lot of the websites look much nicer under IE. Fonts appear more bold and sharp. So, right about now I use FF over IE by habit, not necessarily by choice.

For those of you who've boycotted it since that wonderful wormhole that MS refused to fix for an eternity, take a peek.

Vanguard