OHM XR Facility

PennyBlack

Altea Development Team
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
pennyblack.yolasite.com
Glad you like it. :thumbup:

Can u tell me how I can Retain the base for scenery and remove everything else.!!

If I had left everything I wanted in the Facility, I would have had 1 fps myself. I still have a long way to go in texture and graphic management and I don't have alot of consideration for other computer users when I do stuff, sorry. The general textures along with the cargo load out can be heavy, with the night textures, it does make the construction of the model very arkward as it comes as both a base and a vessel. If you take away the vessel from the scenario, you only get the shell with internal decor. And you lose the doors, fans and crane ect.

I hope I understand correctly and think I know what you want, so if you just want eye candy, a stand alone hanger, I could just throw this together for you...

Main Facility exterior with texture (outside only)
External tanks and texture (reduced tex size)
External pipes and texture
Doors (closed) with texture
No night textures and as a single mesh.
Nothing else included and files named differently to save conflicts. (In other words, a seperate download and install)
I cannot see how I can do it or recommend a way to do it any other way. I could throw this together for you if you'd like, it's no trouble at all really 1001.
Like this, it wouldn't be to taxing on your system and hopefully you could place it or as many facility shells as you want, where ever you want. But it wouldn't be funtional in any way and the doors would be closed because there wouldn't be any interior, you'd see through the model if you entered it.

Let me know what you think. :tiphat:

I00I

Not from this world
Reaction score
Penny,
That would be great..The position that u had it at, at the end of the runway worked was fine with gabo2 in the backdrop at the end of the runway..Pls take ur time..I started to take a shot at it but lost patience..I enjoy ur work..Most excellent..I appreciate that Penny..I,m still in the beginners stage of things but slowly become more knowledgeable..:hailprobe:
I attached a photo of gabo mountain backdrop that i had to edit as well..:thumbup::thumbup
One day I wish to build like you..:10sign:::banana:

Attachments

• on approach.JPG
    on approach.JPG
    132.9 KB · Views: 51
  • gabo2 at ksc.JPG
    gabo2 at ksc.JPG
    129.2 KB · Views: 60

worir1

Space Nerd
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Penny,
That would be great..The position that u had it at, at the end of the runway worked was fine with gabo2 in the backdrop at the end of the runway..Pls take ur time..I started to take a shot at it but lost patience..I enjoy ur work..Most excellent..I appreciate that Penny..I,m still in the beginners stage of things but slowly become more knowledgeable..:hailprobe:
I attached a photo of gabo mountain backdrop that i had to edit as well..:thumbup::thumbup
One day I wish to build like you..:10sign:::banana:

Is that cape canaveral on your second pic?

PennyBlack

Altea Development Team
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
pennyblack.yolasite.com
The position... at the end of the runway

I thought I'd release the frame as a download in case others wanted the same 1001. Hope it is what you wanted and you find it installs ok.

You can find the download [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=6060"]here[/ame]

Glad you like our work. :thumbup:

PeterRoss

Warranty man
Reaction score
Website
vk.com
I moved XR facility to Wideawake and it fits great - I only had to remove taxiway and landing pad with beacons because they have coordinates shifted relative to base coordinates and I had to rotate the facility to align it with runway. I appreciate your work very much, it adds some great funcionality to my base :thumbup:

A question: there's no control panel neither in virtual cockpit nor in glass cockpit view, I can control facility's systems with keypad controls only. Any possible reasons why I have no control panel appearing?

PennyBlack

Altea Development Team
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
pennyblack.yolasite.com
A question: there's no control panel neither in virtual cockpit nor in glass cockpit view, I can control facility's systems with keypad controls only. Any possible reasons why I have no control panel appearing?

If by glass cockpit, you mean F1 to view the standard 2D cockpits control panel, I cannot help you, sorry. Other than to say I personaly have not encountered the error myself with any addon or modules used. In reference to the virtual cockpit view, I recall a virtual cockpit being discussed but I didn't really act on the idea so one isn't used.

Dispite not being of any help... I'd be happy to see how you have placed the facilty if you could post a screen shot. To see how it goes with Wideawake. :)

PeterRoss

Warranty man
Reaction score
Website
vk.com
Well, it took me some demolition works to do first, but then again the guys are gonna rebuild the place from scratch anyway, so...

picture.php

---------- Post added 15-05-13 at 00:05 ---------- Previous post was 14-05-13 at 22:51 ----------

I made the panel to appear after all! The problem was with incorrect video settings of my Orbiter. Sorry for the false alarm and thank you again for your great work! :)

PeterRoss

Warranty man
Reaction score
Website
vk.com
It took me some time to find that container name must begin with 'SC' to be visible to the crane system. You better mention this in manual guys ;)

Kendo

Reaction score
Peter Ross, that,s brilliant. One tiny point, there aren,t any shadows from the facility.

PennyBlack

Altea Development Team
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
pennyblack.yolasite.com
It took me some time to find that container name must begin with 'SC' to be visible to the crane system. You better mention this in manual guys ;)

Noted and thankyou. :)

Peter Ross, that,s brilliant. One tiny point, there aren,t any shadows from the facility.

I turned the shadows off Kendo. The primary reason is the fact that I didn't like the way shadows where cast inside the facility from the outside walls that passed straight through the inner walls. It gave it an unrealistic feel. Shadows are akward to handle and rather than having shadows cast this way, I decided to eliminate the lot apart from the undershadows on the Taxiway.

PeterRoss

Warranty man
Reaction score
Website
vk.com
Lunar XR facility on Niven base. Never thought Niven base this small :rolleyes:

picture.php

You can see Vanguard being unloaded inside the facility. Eight 40ft containers - first Earth-Moon delivery. I had to refuel my XR5 on LMO prior to landing, but I think it's possible to make it without refuelling - I wasn't very careful when planning the flight :lol:

Interceptor

Reaction score
Hey Peter Ross,can you please share your configs,and scenarios for both,these would be a nice addition to WAI,and Niven base,great work.Thanks

PeterRoss

Warranty man
Reaction score
Website
vk.com
Sure thing. Take it here:

http://ge.tt/5ujA13i/v/0?c

Don't forget to install Widewake, Niven 3, XR facility and XR shell first. Then unpack the archive, it will overwrite base configs, replacing some meshes and changing some other stuff like removing one landing pad at Niven to be replaced with XR hangar, adding VOR for Arrow landing pad instead of UCGO transmitter and so on. Scenario file consists of hangar vessels at AIA and Niven only, feel free to add anything you like. I hope I haven't forget anything.

---------- Post added at 23:45 ---------- Previous post was at 23:39 ----------

Oh, yeah, I forgot that I included [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=5120"]Wideawake Harbour[/ame] into Widewake config. Either remove it (several meshes in the very end of Widewake config) or install it too.

PennyBlack

Altea Development Team
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
pennyblack.yolasite.com
Thats looks great on the lunar surface. With the upcoming lunar base under construction, the facility maywell slot in with it very well looking at your cool image PeterRoss. :) I didn't tat with alternate locations like I wanted, I just settled for the spot at KSC once my mind was set. You must have took ages lining the thing up.

PeterRoss

Warranty man
Reaction score
Website
vk.com
Thats looks great on the lunar surface. With the upcoming lunar base under construction, the facility maywell slot in with it very well looking at your cool image PeterRoss. :) I didn't tat with alternate locations like I wanted, I just settled for the spot at KSC once my mind was set. You must have took ages lining the thing up.

It took me about ten minutes actually :)
I placed it in the way its back door is replaced with Niven underground entry. Well, almost replaced in fact :)
What's that upcoming lunar base you mentioned? Do you have plans to release it when it's finished?

EDIT: To think of it, it took me about an hour to place the hangar where it is now taking into account all the time spent on movig it around the base to see where it fits well. Ten minutes was rather about final tweaking.

Last edited:

PennyBlack

Altea Development Team
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
pennyblack.yolasite.com
What's that upcoming lunar base you mentioned? Do you have plans to release it when it's finished?

Absolutely PeterRoss. :thumbup:

The 7th of June is the 30 day expiry date of notice on the claim marker for the base so I am tied in releaseing pics and such until then (dates of notice ect is just a little unofficial fun on my side by the way). I have to rescale the base a little, scale is hard to handle for me, but it's going very well and seems the only thing I've been able to work on, but I kind of get obsessed with something and forget other things (Can't help it). I'm haveing trouble with the glass, there's alot of it and I got cuts all over the outer gloves on my environmental suit and go through alot of sellotape. I'll wait till I have the main things done until I address that glass and release some pictures for you to look at on the 7th of this month. The base actually looks alot better on Mars, so I may release a seperate Mars outer skin as well to go with it, so you may also move it there, should you like to.

PeterRoss

Warranty man
Reaction score
Website
vk.com
Great! I would love to have another nice-looking lunar base around. Waiting for the next friday then :tiphat: