OHM XR Facility

Interceptor

Reaction score
Sure thing. Take it here:

http://ge.tt/5ujA13i/v/0?c

Don't forget to install Widewake, Niven 3, XR facility and XR shell first. Then unpack the archive, it will overwrite base configs, replacing some meshes and changing some other stuff like removing one landing pad at Niven to be replaced with XR hangar, adding VOR for Arrow landing pad instead of UCGO transmitter and so on. Scenario file consists of hangar vessels at AIA and Niven only, feel free to add anything you like. I hope I haven't forget anything.

---------- Post added at 23:45 ---------- Previous post was at 23:39 ----------

Oh, yeah, I forgot that I included Wideawake Harbour into Widewake config. Either remove it (several meshes in the very end of Widewake config) or install it too.
Hi PeterRoss,I am having some problems with you XR facility WAI-Niven base configs,things are missing from it,what could I have done wrong?check out the screenshots.Thanks

Attachments

• 13.07.22 15-52-02 AIA_XR_Hanger.jpg
    13.07.22 15-52-02 AIA_XR_Hanger.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 41
  • 13.07.22 15-54-33 Niven_XR_Hanger.jpg
    13.07.22 15-54-33 Niven_XR_Hanger.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 41

PennyBlack

Altea Development Team
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
pennyblack.yolasite.com
Hi Interceptor...

What your doing is moveing only the Facility shell. Your changing the numbers for it's location in the Config\Earth\Base\XR_FacilityH.cfg only, when you should also change the cranes location to match in the scenario file aswell.
Remember the Facility comes as two seperate parts. The first being the shell, found within the config. And then the vessel... crane, doors ect which is used like a vessel in a SCN file.

Hope this helps. :thumbup:

Interceptor

Reaction score
Ah yes,I had forgot about that,thanks for straightening that out,but what happened to the Niven base?when I click on it in the location area tab in the scenario editor all I get is the XR' facility,the rest of the base is missing.

PeterRoss

Warranty man
Reaction score
Website
vk.com
Oh yes,I am quite sure,because when I go to a scenario with out the XR facility nothing is missing.Thanks

So this seems like scenario problem, not config. Do you have this problem with scenario included in my download, or is it changed somehow? Can you post your scenario?

---------- Post added at 12:33 ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 ----------

Do you have XR facility mesh at the Niven base when you launch a scenario without XR facility vessel?

Interceptor

Reaction score
So this seems like scenario problem, not config. Do you have this problem with scenario included in my download, or is it changed somehow? Can you post your scenario?

---------- Post added at 12:33 ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 ----------

Do you have XR facility mesh at the Niven base when you launch a scenario without XR facility vessel?
OK,I think I may have solved the problem,I will let you know shortly,thanks

Interceptor

Reaction score
Hi Interceptor...

What your doing is moveing only the Facility shell. Your changing the numbers for it's location in the Config\Earth\Base\XR_FacilityH.cfg only, when you should also change the cranes location to match in the scenario file aswell.
Remember the Facility comes as two seperate parts. The first being the shell, found within the config. And then the vessel... crane, doors ect which is used like a vessel in a SCN file.

Hope this helps. :thumbup:
So should I just create a new XR facility config so I can have two versions,at different loctions?

PennyBlack

Altea Development Team
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
pennyblack.yolasite.com
So should I just create a new XR facility config so I can have two versions,at different loctions?

If you want more than one XR Facility, then yes.

Hopefully I can adapt the Facility building to use the crane as an added option for the Wulfruna Base on the lunar surface. A place for loading (KSC) and unloading (WB) is how I would like to see the crane system expand, which is what your currently doing I think, Interceptor. But you definatly need to create a config file for every crane you place in the environment if you want the Facility to wrap it. It's just the way it is with the Facility.

Good luck with it and if you can do a screen shot, I'd love to see how you have set it up. :)

Iacomus Maximus

Reaction score
Landing the XRFacility vessel on the XRFacility shell

I really like this facility and have included it in all my 'secret' bases I like to fly out of.
For simplicity I put a SCALE 0 landing pad at 0 0 0 in the XR_FacilityH.cfg and then 'landed' the vessel part by adding
STATUS Landed Earth and
BASE XR_FacilityH:1
(I hope I got the syntax correct - I wrote this from memory)
This way I only had to deal with actual coordinates once.

EpsFang

Reaction score
I'm curious if it would be possible to turn the entire structure into a single vessel, like Prelude or the Hidden Base mod by Alrik. It would make placing the facility a lot easier and able to be done with the scenario editor... at least from my decidedly beginner perspective ^.^ Even so, your crane is insanely awesome and makes me totally giddy just thinking about all the places people like you are taking Orbiter, Penny!