New Release Yellowknife Bay-Alpha

redwolfcfc

Reaction score
Yellowknife Bay Alpha Version 0.01
Installation via the usual method: Unzip into your orbiter directory maintaining directory structure. No files will be overwritten and no file modifications are necessary. This base requires no other add-ons. DX9 recommended.
This is my First add-on so it is, of course, a work in progress. I started out making some models I thought looked good, but then they were a bit too detailed and made Orbiter go boom. Then I tried to learn how to make textures. Many fails and weeks later I made a base that might not (It will not) blow your machine up and it might have some potential. It has been designed against 2010P1 and the very latest DX9 client but it is pretty basic. The textures are of modest size, the models are relatively (I think they are) low-poly, and it should (might?) run anywhere, although DX9 is highly recommended. There are four tiles that are transparent overlays, so no planetary textures are overwritten(I think...). They are level 3 and the trial and error process I used to make them was neither logical nor scientific in anyway whatsoever.
Again, I am just beginning to learn, nothing here is supposed to be accurate I just made it up and the focus has been on learning the various techniques required rather than on realism. In short, this is a pre-beta version and feedback is appreciated.
Thanks to csanders for his Orbiter Base Maker which I used to assemble this base and produce the tiles.
Thanks to those involved with the DX9 Client. So stable and it looks awesome.
Thanks to Dr. Martin, the Forum, and the community of modders at large.
Thank you Curiosity.
redwolfcfc AKA Ross Green
[email protected]

Attachments

• Yellowknife Bay-Screenshot1.jpg
    Yellowknife Bay-Screenshot1.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 82
  • Yellowknife Bay-Screenshot2.jpg
    Yellowknife Bay-Screenshot2.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 82
  • Yellowknife Bay-Screenshot3.jpg
    Yellowknife Bay-Screenshot3.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 89
  • Yellowknife Bay.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Starshipexplorer

Reaction score
Hi redwolf. Really nice work on this base. The download was missing a brushedmetaldark texture (from the water tank mesh). Really nice work :tiphat:

redwolfcfc

Reaction score
Hi redwolf. Really nice work on this base. The download was missing a brushedmetaldark texture (from the water tank mesh). Really nice work :tiphat:

Thanks!

I reposted the zip file with the missing texture. Thanks for catching that.