You know you're addicted to Orbiter when...

Wrangler

Document Skimmer
Reaction score
... When you launch the Shuttle Discovery, and the Roll program call comes on the speaker, your 3-year old kid yells behind you, "Roger Roll, Discovery!!!" and your 6-year old chimes in around 30 seconds later "Discovery, you are go at throttles up...".

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
... When you launch the Shuttle Discovery, and the Roll program call comes on the speaker, your 3-year old kid yells behind you, "Roger Roll, Discovery!!!" and your 6-year old chimes in around 30 seconds later "Discovery, you are go at throttles up...".

Not only does that mean you are addicted to Orbiter, but also that you have raised your children well!

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score

You are an excellent parent.

Wrangler

Document Skimmer
Reaction score
You are an excellent parent.

THANKS!!! :tiphat:

My wife would disagree though. She thinks that I have to encourage my kids to more 'normal' endeavors. However, I hear that PS3 and Xbox360 are the normal playthings of this generation... And well, I would rather they stayed away from GTA San Andreas, Halo or whatever else is in on the consoles, till they are at least 12. :)

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
THANKS!!! :tiphat:

My wife would disagree though. She thinks that I have to encourage my kids to more 'normal' endeavors. However, I hear that PS3 and Xbox360 are the normal playthings of this generation... And well, I would rather they stayed away from GTA San Andreas, Halo or whatever else is in on the consoles, till they are at least 12. :)

Cannot agree more. Orbiter is the only computer program Ive ever seen that makes aerospace engineering a favourite hobby. Good on you :thumbup:

Ripley

Tutorial translator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.tuttovola.org
When you have to explain your GF why you copied Tex's Orbiter videos to the home theatre system...

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
When your microwave reads P-60 (power level 60%) and you immediately think Program 60 from the Apollo computer

then, when your food starts to burn, you grab the nearest microphone and shout Abort, Abort!

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
This isn't technically an example of addiction, but I sometimes find myself taking the sheer awsomeness of Orbiter for granted. I'm sure other Orbinauts do too.

It's easy to pine for the next cool addon, or ask Dr. Schweiger to add relativity, without thinking about how incredibly hard those things are to do.

In Orbiter, we can drive a car around on Earth, and then take a rocket to Mars, and then come back to Earth and drive a car again. Think of the sheer scale that involves! In what other flight sim can you take off from a runway at night, look up at the sky and see the planets in their astronomically correct positions...and then go to them!

To me Martin's brain-child is an absolute software miracle:love:

:tiphat:

Grover

Saturn V Misfire
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Martin's brain-child

I think someone hasn't read the Orbiter Bible:

The probe really created Orbiter... in the image of its previous creation, the Universe

Martin was just a vessel for its delivery... coded in C++...

i'd say that addiction is an understatement

You know you're addicted to Orbiter when your therapist tells you that the probe is only a figment of my imagination... then emphasises how its "natural" to focus our beliefs into a tangible entity

i think the probe will hit my therapist with a runtime error

Jarod

Reaction score
When you woke up from a dream where you looked at the sky and there were seams in the clouds.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
This isn't technically an example of addiction, but I sometimes find myself taking the sheer awsomeness of Orbiter for granted. I'm sure other Orbinauts do too.

It's easy to pine for the next cool addon, or ask Dr. Schweiger to add relativity, without thinking about how incredibly hard those things are to do.

In Orbiter, we can drive a car around on Earth, and then take a rocket to Mars, and then come back to Earth and drive a car again. Think of the sheer scale that involves! In what other flight sim can you take off from a runway at night, look up at the sky and see the planets in their astronomically correct positions...and then go to them!

To me Martin's brain-child is an absolute software miracle:love:

:tiphat:

When you write a love letter to Orbiter.

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
When all your writing exercices subjects are taken from previous flights in Orbiter (yep, i talked about a UMmu lost in space by a DGIV, because in space, nobody can hear your scream)
Or when you are waiting for the OSound 4.0 to use all your 5.1 speakers

fred18

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
When they show Mars images on the TV and you feel like to say "I've been there yesterday" and then you realize it's better to keep your mouth shut :rolleyes:

I am soooo guilty of pressing T while using every software on the PC and of looking for F9 key while watching night sky!

PS: this is one of the most amazing post i ever saw!!!

TerraMimic

Reaction score
When they show Mars images on the TV and you feel like to say "I've been there yesterday" and then you realize it's better to keep your mouth shut :rolleyes:

Similar to when I was looking at the Moon through the telescope. "That looks like the place where my Arrow cratered when I accidentally burned in the wrong direction." (Queue strange looks from family)

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
-When you use references to UMMU's in Physics notes

-When you start getting concerned that you havent been flying orbiter enough lately