100 years since Tunguska

Lunar_Lander

Reaction score
An interesting event with many theories and myths behind it. Too bad the Soviets didn't send anyone there until 1927.

The craziest explaination I read was, that an alien ship landed there involuntarily because of an malfunction. The aliens then repaired the drive so that the ship could make one final hop to a high altitude. When it arrived there, a nuclear bomb was ignited to destroy the ship (the aliens had constructed the bomb from material in the ship and from the surroundings). The destruction was necessary because of some kind of codex which prohibited any contact with humans.

I personally distance myself from this story. I only read it on a message board where it was stated that this story was brought to Billy Meier by a woman coming from the Plejades. Nuff said.

http://www.futureofmankind.co.uk/meier/index.php?title=FIGU_Bulletin_59

Cheers,
Lunar_Lander

PS: Again: I did not write the text behind the link!

steph

Reaction score
I prefer the meteor theory, especially because some Japanese fishermen saw a ball of fire with a trail of smoke behind it when it happened. But of course, ball of fire could also be a spaceship reentering the atmosphere, but that is too far-fetched.
One thing I don't understand is why the witnesses said that it sounded like artillery fire spaced further and further apart, if it was just one impact.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
The evidence by italian researchers also support the meteor theory. They found the missing impact crater 6 km away from the center of the destruction with 95% certainty. Spiegel Online had a good article by them about their research and why they think this small but deep lake is a impact crater.

mikesensei

Reaction score
One thing I don't understand is why the witnesses said that it sounded like artillery fire spaced further and further apart, if it was just one impact.

Maybe it broke up on entering the atmosphere, and then multiple pieces of it exploded in sequence?

M

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
My friends in school made up a joke about how they found our lunch food near a smoldering crater 100 years ago somewhere in Russia

steph

Reaction score
Maybe it broke up on entering the atmosphere, and then multiple pieces of it exploded in sequence?

M
Might very well be so, but witness accounts speak of a sound like an artillery barrage that repeated in intervals of 15 minutes at least 10 times.
Another account is this:
Kezhemskoe village. On the 17th an unusual atmospheric event was observed. At 7:43 the noise akin to a strong wind was heard. Immediately afterwards a horrific thump sounded, followed by an earthquake which literally shook the buildings, as if they were hit by a large log or a heavy rock. The first thump was followed by a second, and then a third. Then - the interval between the first and the third thumps were accompanied by an unusual underground rattle, similar to a railway upon which dozens of trains are traveling at the same time. Afterwards for 5 to 6 minutes an exact likeness of artillery fire was heard: 50 to 60 salvoes in short, equal intervals, which got progressively weaker. After 1.5 - 2 minutes after one of the "barrages" six more thumps were heard, like cannon firing, but individual, loud, and accompanied by tremors. "The sky, at the first sight, appeared to be clear. There was no wind and no clouds. However upon closer inspection to the North, i.e. where most of the thumps were heard, a kind of an ashen cloud was seen near the horizon which kept getting smaller and more transparent, and possibly by around 2-3 p.m. completely disappeared."
50 to 60 salvoes is maybe too much for fragments...:huh: But then again, it might have been an airburst sending hundreds of fragments falling on different locations. Or maybe a big meteor followed by many smaller ones.

Linguofreak

Reaction score
Might very well be so, but witness accounts speak of a sound like an artillery barrage that repeated in intervals of 15 minutes at least 10 times.
Another account is this:

50 to 60 salvoes is maybe too much for fragments...:huh: But then again, it might have been an airburst sending hundreds of fragments falling on different locations. Or maybe a big meteor followed by many smaller ones.

Echoes, resonances, or some other such thing?