News 3D printing news.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Apis Cor, a Russian 3D printing construction company, and Sunconomy, a U.S. construction company, have received permits to build their first 3D printed geopolymer additively manufactured house in Lago Vista, Texas.

First I looked somewhat incredulous at the claim that they're going to pull up the structure within 24 hours... Then I realised this isn't the first time they're trying this, merely the first time in the US. Bloody hell, I had no idea the technology was that far along... :blink:

Phil Smith

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
https://3dprintingindustry.com/news...op-3d-printed-concrete-homes-in-texas-146575/

Apis Cor, a Russian 3D printing construction company, and Sunconomy, a U.S. construction company, have received permits to build their first 3D printed geopolymer additively manufactured house in Lago Vista, Texas.

Jeez, these guys offered me a job of structural engineer back in March 2018. But they behaved very strange, could tell me specifically my responsibilities, etc, so I've refused em after all.

So after almost a year, still the same ol video and bunch of marketing BS there. :shrug:
But the concept itself is quite fascinating.

PS. Their site - https://www.apis-cor.com/
And one thing I was specifically interested in is this:

"July 24, 2018

SEArch+/Apis Cor Team has won fourth place in Level 1 of the Phase 3 3D-Printed habitat Competition.

Read more about the results from the Level 1 competition here:

https://www.nasa.gov/directorates/s...n-a-share-of-100000-in-virtual-modeling-stage "

mahdavi3d

Reaction score
Ultrasonic Additive Manufacturing - UAM (First 55 minutes), Pretty amazing! :yes:
They are making a smaller one potentially for ISS.

Last edited:

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Fascinating, do like the embedded fibre/strain-gauge potential.

N.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
I bet McDonalds are into it now.

N.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Mars food for sure.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Somebody will come up with a food that can be only 3d printed. We have had machinery in food-processing for decades if not centuries.

Maybe a novelty food, or something very expensive. Eiffel Tower printed in spun-sugar, or a Saturn V. You could make a multi-course meal out of the various stages...

N.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I bet McDonalds are into it now.

The secret ingredient is... vegetables! :stirpot:

Honestly, I'd have to taste the stuff to decide whether to include it in my diet. The article is obviously a bit biased on the concept itself.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Indeed, can't see it in the real world. But space and underwater where small quatities are needed.
Might help crew morale if you can design your own food portions?

N.