Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Nice to see you in good health!

A question - what about the medications you have to take for life now?
Any visible side effects (immunosuppression-related, i suppose)?
How hard is it to find them and keep the routine?

Would travelling abroad generally be a problem (lack of the right drugs)?

blixel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Nice to see you in good health!

Thanks!

A question - what about the medications you have to take for life now?

I believe the lifelong medicines are only going to be a couple. (Most notably, the [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tacrolimus"]Tacrolimus[/ame].)

In the last year, the number of medications I've had to take has trickled off substantially. During the first 3 to 6 months, I was on a lot of anti-viral, and anti-fungal meds. (Perhaps most notably, [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voriconazole"]Voriconazole[/ame].) But otherwise I believe all of those are done except for Valcyte, which I still take.

I have to take a lot of OTC magnesium and calcium in addition to the immunosuppressive meds, and that will probably be for life, as well as Prednisone. I have severe Osteoporosis due to very bad digestion caused by the disease, so I have to take some various bone-related meds.

Any visible side effects (immunosuppression-related, i suppose)?

Nothing I can think of. The hospital keeps a close eye on my blood levels to make sure I'm not overdosing on immunosuppressive meds. I go into the hospital on a regular basis for no other reason than to get blood drawn.

How hard is it to find them and keep the routine?

Would travelling abroad generally be a problem (lack of the right drugs)?

Getting the meds hasn't been an issue in terms of availability. And so far, insurance has taken care of the cost.

I don't know what my traveling options would be. I'm not much of a traveler (unfortunately) so I haven't asked about it. I do know there are various concerns such as traveling to other parts of the world where various inoculations aren't routine.

DanM

Поехали!
Reaction score
It's amazing what doctors can do these days. Outstanding to hear!

:cheers:

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Thanks!
I don't know what my traveling options would be. I'm not much of a traveler (unfortunately) so I haven't asked about it. I do know there are various concerns such as traveling to other parts of the world where various inoculations aren't routine.

What do you mean? You've been to just about every planet in the solar system.

;)

Aeadar

Lurker Representitive
Donator
Reaction score
You look great David!

Congratulations, and the best of luck at school and...well, everything.:salute:

paravantis

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.unipi.gr
Gratitude and wishes for good health from Greece

David,

I have no words to thank you well enough for your outstanding tutorial videos on Orbiter. I will have you know that this coming fall semester I will be using Orbiter in my "Geopolitics of Technology" class at the University of Piraeus in Greece, to teach my International Relations students on the space race and the role of technology during the Cold War as well as in the 21st Century. What better way to have them try such technology hands-on than Orbiter and what better companion to Orbiter than your videos!

Most of all though, this message is to express my admiration and heart-felt wishes for a complete discovery and a long, happy, healthy and very productive life! You have many friends who pray for you all over the globe!

Humbly yours,
John Paravantis
University of Piraeus
Greece

blixel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I wanted to stop by this thread and say hi to everyone yet again on this very special day. Today is my 2 year anniversary since the double lung transplant. I am happy to report that all is going well. I will be going to the hospital in 2 weeks for my annual follow up.

In last year's update I mentioned that I had started back to school. I am happy to say that is going very well also. Still holding onto the 4.0 GPA with 42 new college credits accumulated since May 2014 - and will have 12 more by end of summer. School is great and I love it - though it has all but completely taken me away from Orbiter. I try to make a little time for Orbiter here and there, but my mind is so completely saturated with classwork that it's hard to find the time.

That is all for now!

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
We'll be here when you return.

:hello:

Prowler901

Reaction score
Website
steammachine.com
Happy Anniversary! So glad to hear how well you are feeling. And, great that school is going well. You are a determined soul, and you'll succeed at whatever you put your mind to.

Don't worry about us, we'll be here when you have time. You are a great part of this community. Keep Charging!

Nikogori

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
orbinautjp.github.io
I can't thank you enough for your videos. Blixel's videos helped me learn a lot about orbiter and encourage me to make my own tutorial videos for Japanese viewers. You are always an inspiration to me.

It's great to hear that you are doing well. I'm really looking forward to watching your new video someday!

Ripley

Tutorial translator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.tuttovola.org
David, thanks for your update.
I'm very glad to hear about your good shape and your successful school life.
It couldn't be any different, considering how strong and focused you are.

Keep it up!

:hail: Blixel