General Question Adding textures to model in orbiter

Malky

Reaction score
Hello,

First of all I'm sorry if there's some tutorial or thred where this is explained, I couldn't find any.

For some time I tried my hand at creating addons and I'm able to create simple 3D model and get it into Orbiter, but every time it's plain white color. Could someone explain me, how to create textured model? Or for beginning, solid colors would be goood enough for me :) I'm using sketchup and if I add colors to model in editor it doesn't help. If there's way how to do it via sketchup, that ould be great, but using different editor shouldn't be problem :)

Thanks for answers and sorry for stupid question.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I think there were a couple of developers working with sketchup, but I'm not sure how they were getting along (with their projects). As far as applying a texture to a mesh, you'll need some sort of UV mapping tool, or something that can "unwrap" your model, you texture it like yo want it, then apply the texture.

I'm an anim8tor user at the moment, trying to learn blender in my copious amounts of spare time. Sorry I can't be of much help.