AGC OPR ERR when inputting extraction RPY values from MCC

sniporbob

Reaction score
I'm probably doing something dumb but I can't seem to figure it out on my own. This is on NASSP V8 (most recent beta from GitHub). When attempting to input RPY values into V25N22 for extraction I'm getting an OPR ERR on the DSKY. Honestly I don't even know if I'm inputting the data correctly because all of the documents I've found simply state to input the values without giving the actual steps. Here's the extraction angles from the PAD:

XXX303 R
XXX287 P Extraction
XXX319 Y

On the DSKY I first ensure P00, then:

V25N22E
30300E (I've been assuming I fill in the remainder of the angle with zeros)
28 and as soon as I press the 8 key I get OPR ERR.

I have also tried inserting zeros before the angle (so line one is 00303 and line two is 0028[error]).

What in the world is going on here?

Last edited:

lricca

Reaction score
Have you tried to insert the angles with the sign?
I think that if you insert a number without a sign the agc assumes it is in octal. So if you want to insert a value you need to put a sign before (+ or -)

Inviato dal mio SM-G960F utilizzando Tapatalk

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
lricca is right, N22 wants a plus sign for the angle inputs. So the full procedure is:

V25 N22E
+30300E
+28700E
+31900E

sniporbob

Reaction score
Ah, that would explain it. As expected I was doing something dumb. Thanks for setting me straight!

Unrelated to this, I found a few instances in the checklist mfd where panel numbers were missing in instances where they should have been listed (i.e. flipping switches on one panel then next closing a CB on a different panel but no panel number next to the step with the CB). If I edit the checklist in \Doc\Project Apollo - NASSP\Checklists to include panel numbers for those steps will it display the panel number in the checklist MFD?

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Unrelated to this, I found a few instances in the checklist mfd where panel numbers were missing in instances where they should have been listed (i.e. flipping switches on one panel then next closing a CB on a different panel but no panel number next to the step with the CB). If I edit the checklist in \Doc\Project Apollo - NASSP\Checklists to include panel numbers for those steps will it display the panel number in the checklist MFD?

Yeah, the checklists aren't 100% perfect. Occasionally they are missing something like a panel number. You could edit the checklist files, sure. You could also make a list of instances where you think a panel number should have been in the checklist and post it here so that the checklist fixes can be made available for everyone.

sniporbob

Reaction score
I was going to make the changes then do a GitHub pull request, but I only have LibreOffice and when I save the .xsl file it makes the game crash for some reason. So I guess I will instead post a list on here as you said. I'm very new to this so I have issues finding items when the panel number isn't listed, but after Project Egress I decided I wanted to struggle my way through this and complete Apollo 11. I figure helping with the checklist would be a good way to contribute back and make it easier for others in the future.

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Sounds great! Flying an Apollo mission isn't easy and, to be fair, we are probably not doing the greatest job currently providing NASSP users with documentation or tutorials to fly full missions. So feel free to ask more questions here on the forum or in our IRC channel (#nassp on freenode).