Request AI System for Orbiter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Those questions were not specific to orbiter. "Game AI" can be any game. And NR2003 has the best of that. Right now, "REAL AI" is not possible, but it may be in the future. Right now, the "Game AI" is the best that we've got. Which technicly isnt real AI, but it's "AI" enogh to do it's job, which is basicly to give you something to interact with.
Kaito's not stupid. He knows that there are games that have "Game AI." That's why he called it "Game AI." His answers were in response to your question, which was about Orbiter.

Online is a good way to challange your skills against others, but if you can't go online or have the disire to go online, the "AI" is good enough. And yes, I would like something easier than OMP. And (seperatly) some sort of anti-cheat system to go with it.

The idea for my simulator was originally disigned for racing motor vehicles like NASCAR Sprint Cup cars or NHRA cars. But the engine is going to be so complex, that it allows for flight. And the AI is probably going to be the biggest hold up. I want them to be able to be given a black flag unlike other simulators which never flag an AI.
Have fun with that.

tl8

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Those questions were not specific to orbiter. "Game AI" can be any game. And NR2003 has the best of that. Right now, "REAL AI" is not possible, but it may be in the future. Right now, the "Game AI" is the best that we've got. Which technicly isnt real AI, but it's "AI" enogh to do it's job, which is basicly to give you something to interact with.

Online is a good way to challange your skills against others, but if you can't go online or have the disire to go online, the "AI" is good enough. And yes, I would like something easier than OMP. And (seperatly) some sort of anti-cheat system to go with it.

The idea for my simulator was originally disigned for racing motor vehicles like NASCAR Sprint Cup cars or NHRA cars. But the engine is going to be so complex, that it allows for flight. And the AI is probably going to be the biggest hold up. I want them to be able to be given a black flag unlike other simulators which never flag an AI.

Racing Simulators do not have AI. If you can guess what they well do everytime, it is not AI.

The only half decent AI that is worth mentioning is Crysis. You have no idea what they are going to do or when they will do it.

That said Orbiter doesn't need AI just yet, scripts can manage that. And infact you should be able to do it with the next Orbiter anyway.

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
tl8:FEAR has good AI as well
TCR: Trust me You'll never make a space flight simulator with AI so you might as well give up now, or you could just come on the IRC and we will show you how to do epic AI

Last edited:

Kaito

Orbiquiz Coordinator
Reaction score
The only form of "AI" that Orbiter has is, like others have said, scripts.
You write the script for a path, and the object follows it. Whether it is an autopilot or a playback, it is almost 100% the same each and every time.

So, to answer your question and end this debate: No. As of right now, there is no AI in orbiter, and any sort of Online/Multiplayer feature is still in development. Good night

Status
Not open for further replies.