Project AIA Toehold Lunar Base

tgep

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
New projects are like acorns. You know a tree will grow out of it but you never know the exact shape it will take.
Outstanding job Face !

computerex

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Two requests:

1. A new thread for UMMUFB, it's another add-on entirely and deserves it's own thread.

2. How about extending UMMUFB to attachment points as well? This way vessel based bases could have direct transfers.

docabn

Reaction score
runways allow a craft to come to a rolling stop. Important in low fuel scenarios and other emergencies. Even with out oxygen ground friction still works.

The runway could and probably would be a large spherical pad with runways radiating out from the center in all four cardinal directions and possibly the obliques as well.

Also: with a substantial amount of space traffic a series runway orienting the pilots in the genral directions for outgoing traffic and incomming traffic could reduce confusion.

Finnaly they could assist in performing less vertical assents / decents allowing more
simultaneous traffic. (More convenient for craft designed for atmoshpheric landing having their main thrusters in the rear. )

tgep

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Sorry about not getting that mesh to you yesterday. Having some real world diffaculties. I'll send it your way today. ( I'll leave the texturing choices up to you so that it fits in with the base better as nothing is set in concrete ... or should I say mooncrete )

:cheers:

wehaveaproblem

One step closer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
wehaveaproblem.wordpress.com
No worries tgep, I've been a little behind schedule myself this week. RL is RL, so no rush, I'm finishing WIN before Toehold anyway... although the APC will make a nice side project. Looking forward to texturing and meshing the plough on that bad boy. Re: the texturing. Have you got a nice convenient UV map for it, or will I have to work my own?

docabn, Thanks for your thoughts, some of which are on my pondering list already. My main aims for the landing/launch area is to have high simultaneous capacity and accessability with quick turnaround and safety margins. I can hopefully get it to flow better than WIN, since I'm not restricted by any existing structures etc. However, for my own ease I will use the 4 cardinal directions only, sod doing things on an angle, I had plenty enough of that with WIN. ;)

tgep

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I thought I'd leave the texturing to since you'd want specific panels, logos and such. I gave it a nice winch on a turntable up front in place of the twin barell mini-guns. Added a robotic arm \ tow bar on the tail too. Feel free to redo it. I just added it in to give you an idea of size and such.

I redid the whole interior to cut down on the mesh size too. I sent it to that link you provided. :cheers: