Amazed new Minnesota Member

Dieselrotor

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I found this simulator 12-5-2014. I am hooked. The physics are amazing. 50 yo heavy duty diesel mechanic that has loved all things aviation and I still have the Apollo record (Yes there was a record released of the flight) I used to listen too a lot. And what a great community this is. I am slowly wrapping My head around the sim and am enjoying every second of the learning curve. And "Go Play In Space" V1 and 2 is a wonderful learning aid. I have of course downloaded the Apollo add on. Glad to be here.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum! 39 yo App Developer, aviation nut/student pilot and space geek here. Great to have you aboard!

I also had a record of the Apollo 11 mission that I pretty much wore out growing up.
picture.php

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums! :welcome:

I got into so much trouble as a first grader, paying far more attention to the space and rocket stuff I'd bring to school instead of listening to the teacher. Those "See Spot Run" book were miles behind the stuff I was already absorbing. I don't have the Apollo albums though (sigh).

Aeadar

Lurker Representitive
Donator
Reaction score
Welcome! I had that record too, but had completely forgotten about it til just now! Thanks for the reminder.:)

PhantomCruiser: By the time Apollo 17 rolled around, my mother had correctly diagnosed the mysterious ailment I seemed to come down with every time there was a moon landing as the 'Moonwalk Flu'!:lol:

statickid

CatDog from Deimos
Donator
Reaction score
Get ready to know more about space flight than you ever thought you could

Scav

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Lesson 1:

Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is.

;)

:welcome: to the forum!

Keatah

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums! :welcome:

I got into so much trouble as a first grader, paying far more attention to the space and rocket stuff I'd bring to school instead of listening to the teacher. Those "See Spot Run" book were miles behind the stuff I was already absorbing. I don't have the Apollo albums though (sigh).

I had the same problem too. Always getting notices sent home and making trips to the principal's office because I kept sneaking in Apollo books and celestial mechanics books.

Of course this material was far in advance of normal fourth and fifth grade curricula. I didn't give a rat's ass about Tom Sawyer or, later on, to kill a mockingbird. I'm pro animals so I don't condone killing them!