tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score
1. What version of AMSO?
2. What scenario file are you loading?
3. Is it on a clean install (Orbiter base package + Orbiter Sound)?
4. A higher resolution screen grab would help better identify the problem. Feel free to crop out the windows desktop ;)
5. Have a look at your Orbiter.log and see if there are any errors identified in there. If so, post the log.

EDIT: This thread should probably go in "Addon Support & Bugs"

hyderpotter

Reaction score
1. What version of AMSO?
2. What scenario file are you loading?
3. Is it on a clean install (Orbiter base package + Orbiter Sound)?
4. A higher resolution screen grab would help better identify the problem. Feel free to crop out the windows desktop ;)
5. Have a look at your Orbiter.log and see if there are any errors identified in there. If so, post the log.

EDIT: This thread should probably go in "Addon Support & Bugs"

AMSO version 1.18

MeanteHytek

Reaction score
I have a Problem with Apollo addon to Orbiter

I have a problem extracting an Apollo addon like AMSO or NASSP to my main Orbiter directory. I try to extract the Apollo addon to orbiter and I get a message that it cannot create the file(s) while I am extracting and installing. I have the Orbiter 2006 and the latest Apollo addon. I have installed the sound files and that was successful. I think that I may installed the latest patches and updates for Orbiter 2006, but I'm unsure. Can you help me?

Last edited:

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
He came into the chat room with the same question. it sounds like a Vista UAC issue or a permissions issue but he never hung around long enough to try a few things for me.

MeanteHytek

Reaction score
Got The Add Ons Installed

He came into the chat room with the same question. it sounds like a Vista UAC issue or a permissions issue but he never hung around long enough to try a few things for me.
Sorry about the impatience, I didn't understand you at first. I got all of the add-ons installed, but I cannot launch Orbiter. I disabled my Vista UAC User Account Security Thing and I was able to install all of the latest add-ons and patches including sound. I'm having trouble now launching Orbiter. I think there's a glitch in the .EXE file. Do I have to reinstall Orbiter and all of the necessary add-ons and patches to play the game?

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score
Sorry about the impatience, I didn't understand you at first. I got all of the add-ons installed, but I cannot launch Orbiter. I disabled my Vista UAC User Account Security Thing and I was able to install all of the latest add-ons and patches including sound. I'm having trouble now launching Orbiter. I think there's a glitch in the .EXE file. Do I have to reinstall Orbiter and all of the necessary add-ons and patches to play the game?
What do you mean by trouble? Are you getting an error message? BTW, can you install non-Apollo addons?