Apollo 1

Rosey

Reaction score
31 years ago, January 27th 1967, Apollo1 's mission was ended in a terrible accident. If that fire never happened, Apollo1 would have launched sometime in February 21st and would have done a 14 day mission, landing Mach 7th just north of Puerto Rico.

I would like someone to make this historic flight using AMSO if possible. The Apollo 7 Saturn 1B would be used. In addition, I would like to see a triube to Grissiom, White, and Chaffee. My suggestion would be to make a launch, one or two orbits and a landing .. all with auto pilot ... and after the landing maybe a tribute screen could be made.

The reason I want this to be fully automatic, is that it would be wrong to play such a flight as a game or a simulator. The flight should be a tribute and something just to watch and reflect.

If this is well taken, that the last flights of Challenger and Columbia sould be made .. again as a tribute, not for fun and full automated. a launch, one or two orbits and a landing and when the shuttle stops, a tribute screen.

Rosey

Reaction score
The Block 1 CSM would be nice, but it is more important just to make the addon. I am not familiar iwth the blcok 1 cockpit layout so I could ne tell if another cockpit would be needed, but since Apollo 7 is already available, that would do nicely. I would love to see pad 34 used too, but again that might require alot of work.