Apollo 18

statisticsnerd

Reaction score
I liked Astronaut Farmer.

That was a good movie. The tech wasn't too awful, except when Billy Bob started the retro pack and the capsule fell straight down LOL.

DanM

Поехали!
Reaction score
If you really want to see bad, go watch Armageddon. XD

HAL9001

super-ninja-orbinaut
Reaction score

That was a good movie. The tech wasn't too awful, except when Billy Bob started the retro pack and the capsule fell straight down LOL.

I liked it, too, except, that 5000 litres are not enough fuel for any manned rocket - that are only 5 tons...

Messierhunter

Reaction score

I thought it was fantastic until the "accident" scene. I can think of several ways they could have had an accident that was at least plausibly survivable, but that was not it. I kept waiting for that dream sequence to end only to learn it wasn't a dream sequence.

Ghostrider

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
If you think any of those movies is bad science-wise, check out Rocket's Red Glare. Starts out good enough with the kid wanting to restore a surplus Mercury capsule and mate it to a Redstone rocket, ends with a S-IC load of fail. Not going to tell you anything because it makes my fingers bleed. The only redeeming quality is that Danielle Fishel was cute.

bujin

Reaction score
That actually looks an ok film to me.

I'm sure it will get a hundred basic things about space flight and the Apollo programme wrong (aside from the obvious one), but that's not why the film was made. It's made for entertainment purposes, and from that angle, it looks pretty decent. I'm gonna give it a fair go, anyway.

Columbia42

Reaction score
I noticed that in the first trailer there was a Soviet LK lunar lander and, as far as I could tell, it was fairly accurately portrayed.

Ark

Reaction score
I noticed that in the first trailer there was a Soviet LK lunar lander and, as far as I could tell, it was fairly accurately portrayed.

It will be accurate so long as they are only attacked by one zombie cosmonaut. :lol:

HAL9001

super-ninja-orbinaut
Reaction score
I really like old films like alien, and this, beause it's not an only computer-generated movie.
At the original first part of alien they used a real robotic-model of the Alien...

diogom

Reaction score
Honestly I'm more interested in seeing [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cosmonaut"]The Cosmonaut - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame], though I'll give Apollo 18 a try.

Last edited:

orbekler

Reaction score

Keatah

Reaction score
If you really want to see bad, go watch Armageddon. XD

Arnageddon was not bad at all. It was a fun and entertaining movie with a lot of spectaculars going on. Like the HTS with a turbo thruster that could move it around at significant speeds, for example. Or the shuttles docking with Mir(which is spinning at 30 rpm).. Or the oil platform workers becoming spaceworthy in a matter of days.

It's the movies that try hard to be realistic and make so many mistakes that are bad. Not the ones that are lighthearted from the get-go.

Last edited:

Turbinator

Reaction score
Yeah I absolutely loved Armageddon. I never understood why the movie got so much flak. It wasn't recorded as a science education video, or a documentary, or a fact finding study on how to deal with asteroids. It was a summer blockbuster ride and unlike many that try, Armageddon actually delivered. Every "real space" movie that came out after that failed miserably in every imaginable way possible.

Pyromaniac605

Toast! :D
Reaction score
Yeah I absolutely loved Armageddon. I never understood why the movie got so much flak. It wasn't recorded as a science education video, or a documentary, or a fact finding study on how to deal with asteroids. It was a summer blockbuster ride and unlike many that try, Armageddon actually delivered. Every "real space" movie that came out after that failed miserably in every imaginable way possible.
Agreed, I too loved Armageddon, I never saw why people were nitpicking about it being unrealistic, I've never seen any action movie with complete realism, have you?