Update Arrow Freighter version 2012 updated (screenshots)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keatah

Reaction score
It will be here when it bees here. Hopefully it is not an abandoned project. I don't think it is though.

Ripley

Tutorial translator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.tuttovola.org
Abandoned? After all the enthusiasm and new ideas he's poured into it? No way!

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
It will be here when it bees here. Hopefully it is not an abandoned project. I don't think it is though.

The problem is called "Real Life". DanSteph has more than enough of this and thus usually develops Orbiter add-ons during his holidays.

Keatah

Reaction score
However long it takes is fine by me. If it's 6 months then so be it. Add-on developing should be fun, and it *is* fun when done in totally free spare time. Without schedules. Without peer pressure to release it on toozday.

I just discovered how to turn on lights on my crap intel Extreme Graphics 2 integrated chip. So I have more than enuff to keep me busy. Orbiter is a whole new ballgame now. If I could only get docking port revealer to work right I'd be flipp'n!

Well I have to go and update a lot of my freeware utilities and turn off the wireless portion of my router. I think someone's stealing my connection or knows the password to it or something. Found some unusual activity I believe. What will I discover tomorrow?

So U C, lot's of stuff to keep busy while the new version of the Arrow Freighter is gestating.

darkvoid

Reaction score
:hailprobe: But Dan as fueled our imagination and told us of a release date August...

We would like some feedback, just that...

We all would understand if he says that he's only able to work on the project next Christmas...

cipher169

Reaction score
The new arrow is amazing. It is one of the many addons that i am looking forward to downloading.

I am also glad that they will be D3D9 & 11 compatible

laukejas

Reaction score
Dan, I'm sorry to be impatient, but since it seems that updating Arrow Freighter will take a while, could you please upload just the files which fix that infamous UCGO pack/unpack when loading problem? Of course, if these are ready.

I think some of us would appreciate that. If it isn't too much to ask.

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Dan, I'm sorry to be impatient, but since it seems that updating Arrow Freighter will take a while, could you please upload just the files which fix that infamous UCGO pack/unpack when loading problem? Of course, if these are ready.

I think some of us would appreciate that. If it isn't too much to ask.

Sorry, Dan seems to be a complete release kinda guy. Again, I reccomend patience to all anxious for Arrow, Im sure every week we wait, the better the end product will end up being.

Please remember, the UCGO package updates both UMMU and UCGO at once, so hes not just finishing one addon vessel, he may be working on the framework libraries for them, as well as the DXD9 DeltaGlider IV. Thats a heck of a lot of work for one release!

That being said, when Dan said he would announce the open beta on the forums, he meant both this one and his website one right? I did commit to testing, so I hope I havent missed it...

Furet

Reaction score
According to the todays post from Dan about Arrow 2012 here: http://orbiter.dansteph.com/forum/read.php?f=3&i=80764&t=80764&quote=83054&page=12#REPLY

C'est quasiment fini, si des types ici veulent démarrer une "beta privée" ils sont bienvenus.

Translation: It's almost finished, if guys here want to start a "private beta" they are welcome.

Dan is also working on OrbiterSound 4.0, as Ripley pointed out: http://orbiter.dansteph.com/forum/read.php?f=3&i=82935&t=82935&page=0

:woohoo:

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
According to the todays post from Dan about Arrow 2012 here: http://orbiter.dansteph.com/forum/read.php?f=3&i=80764&t=80764&quote=83054&page=12#REPLY

Translation: It's almost finished, if guys here want to start a "private beta" they are welcome.

Dan is also working on OrbiterSound 4.0, as Ripley pointed out: http://orbiter.dansteph.com/forum/read.php?f=3&i=82935&t=82935&page=0

:woohoo:

Shame that Orbitersound 10.0 he has in the works insnt finished :lol:

I tried a page translator on the dev page that was linked, but it had difficulty rendering the conversatio into anything intelligible to me. It seems Orbitersound 4.0 will be able to combine multiple sound loops at once?

Furet

Reaction score
The first post from Dan about OrbiterSound 4.0 dated Sept 16th:

Tout les sons par defaut des vessels seront en 3D.

Vous pourrez redefinir tout les sons par defaut des vessels sans aucune programmation et les options avec juste un fichier de configuration [...] (pas fini il manque encore des options mais ça marche à 90% déjà)

OrbiterSound 4.0 sera fourni avec des sons custom (fichier+sons) pour le DeltaGlider, le ShuttleA.

Le Cockpit 3d du Arrow Freighter aura aussi des sons en 3D, c'est beaucoup plus sympa (A propos de UCGO ce n'est pas stoppé, c'est quasiment fini il manque les tests mais je pensais tout releaser en même temps: ObriterSound 4.0, DeltaGliderIV-3, UCGO 2.5, UMMu etc etc)

Translation:

All-default sounds of vessels will be in 3D.

You can redefine all default sounds of vessels without any programming options and with just a configuration file [...] (not finished yet it lacks options but it works 90% already)

OrbiterSound 4.0 will be supplied with custom sounds (sounds + file) for DeltaGlider and the ShuttleA.

The Arrow Freighter 3D Cockpit will also have 3D sound. This is much better (by the way, UCGO is not stopped, it is almost finished, lacks tests but I thought to release everything on the same time: ObriterSound 4.0, DeltaGliderIV-3, UCGO 2.5, UMMu etc etc).

:)

Last edited:

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The first post from Dan about OrbiterSound 4.0 dated Sept 16th:

Translation:

All-default sounds of vessels will be in 3D.

You can redefine all default sounds of vessels without any programming options and with just a configuration file [...] (not finished yet it lacks options but it works 90% already)

OrbiterSound 4.0 will be supplied with custom sounds (sounds + file) for DeltaGlider and the ShuttleA.

The Arrow Freighter 3D Cockpit will also have 3D sound. This is much better (by the way, UCGO is not stopped, it is almost finished, lacks tests but I thought to release everything on the same time: ObriterSound 4.0, DeltaGliderIV-3, UCGO 2.5, UMMu etc etc).

:)

Nice, I was hoping for that fix with the stock vessels. Are there any new features that youve heard of in the UMMU/UCGO release beyond the new Arrow?

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
But I'm sure he has put some features and some fixes on it. ;)

I cant see it happening anytime soon, but I would really love for UMMUs to have animated walking sequences. THAT would really make a moon landing cool! :lol:

By the way, ive been meaning to ask, are you still planning on completing that PBmkII project? I hope you do release that eventually

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I cant see it happening anytime soon, but I would really love for UMMUs to have animated walking sequences. THAT would really make a moon landing cool! :lol:

By the way, ive been meaning to ask, are you still planning on completing that PBmkII project? I hope you do release that eventually

Why not ask Dan ? I think of that feature too ! But I don't think he will include this, because his UMmu mesh is not optimised for animations. Too bad.

I currently wait for that new UMmu release and i will upload PBMkII. I was more on MoreSound, but Dan "stealed" me my ideas so I have done useless job ... but never mind. I will work a little on PBMkII.

(This makes me think that I have to change my signature: I've finished Orbiter Space Program, Shuttle PBMkII is in pause and MoreSound DLL has no reason to exist for now.)

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Why not ask Dan ? I think of that feature too ! But I don't think he will include this, because his UMmu mesh is not optimised for animations. Too bad.

I currently wait for that new UMmu release and i will upload PBMkII. I was more on MoreSound, but Dan "stealed" me my ideas so I have done useless job ... but never mind. I will work a little on PBMkII.

(This makes me think that I have to change my signature: I've finished Orbiter Space Program, Shuttle PBMkII is in pause and MoreSound DLL has no reason to exist for now.)

Well I try to limit feature requests to things that can reasonably be done within this decade :lol:. I dont know though, KSP has implemented a proper walking animation for the kerbalnauts, but properly animating a persons walking cycle/motions seems awfully hard to do in orbiter while keeping it reasonably FPS friendly.

Please do release that mkII PB, I think a ton of orbinauts would really like that. maybe it could be launched on top of a medium launcher like the Dreamchaser/Atlas V combination

Status
Not open for further replies.