Problem Asteroid Pack vs dx9 client

TomaszPL

Reaction score
Hi guys!

I am using Orbiter 2016 and even though Asteroid Pack addon is marked as 'working' with this version I cant see the asteroids per se in dx9 client o_O
I can see them when launching Orbiter on stock visuals and they are present in all listings (camera targets, TransX targets and so on...) but they are 'invisible' when I switch camera to them. This only happens with dx9 client.

Was this reported earlier? If yes, sorry, but I couldnt find it using forum search.

I would appreciate your help as the asteroids seems to be very intersting target for journeys but it breaks my immersion when I finally get there and see only the void ;)

bcbarnes

Reaction score
The asteroids that do not appear have 'MaxPatchResolution=0' in the cfg file, which is supposed to be a cue to auto-size the mesh, but this doesn't work in the dx9 client.

TomaszPL

Reaction score
Thanks for reply!

Well, thats very unfortunate :(
I wonder if d3d9 devs are planning to fix this... or maybe there is some workaround? Anybody? ;)

T1234

Reaction score
I don't think that it is totally the fault of d3d9 client but is to do with the scaling of the mesh itself,if the addon author rescaled the meshes in the modeling program then they would show in the 2016 edition.That is what I have found.