Question Avatar Origins

jedimaster1214

CDR-LMP-CMP
Reaction score
I decided to make a new avatar, to learn in depth how to use GIMP, and to 'wow' my friends on facebook.

It's of me, cut, pasted, and textured onto an ancient Roman bust.

3254.png

I think i did pretty good for a first attempt, though i think i shadowed my face too much. :lol:

What do you guys think?

Turbinator

Reaction score
I tought you meant this Avatar:

pocahontas-avatar-750x7301.jpg

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2lF5xD-K94"]YouTube - ‪Avatar and Pocahontas Mash-Up‬‏[/ame]

This is a scene from Pocahontas, with audio from Avatar played over the top;
Notice how they match -perfectly-​

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-0kl3wTX8Y"]YouTube - ‪Pocahontas / Avatar Crossover Scene (Contest Entry)‬‏[/ame]

Coincidence? I think not.​

.​

Last edited:

HarvesteR

Reaction score
Mine is the first concept drawing I did for the Kerbal Space Program... it's the only piece of concept art that is more than a doodle in one of the many pieces of paper that litter my desk ;)

I drew it in Photoshop, using my trusty tablet :thumbup:

It looks better at that low resolution though... the pixelation hides the lack of detail ;)

Here it is in it's full format:

picture.php

Cheers

Last edited:

Cosmic Penguin

Geek Penguin in GTO
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Mine's from a humor picture made by NASA engineers at JSC when Atlantis just couldn't get off the ground due to various issues back on STS-115 in 2006. She was properly named the penguin, for she seemed unable to fly away. I found it on a certain spaceflight forum ;) and it was just too good to pass.

P.S. Please don't be a penguin again Atlantis, we are waiting for you to get off the ground!:rofl:

Capt_hensley

Captain, USS Pabilli
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.h-10-k.com
My avatar, is a 29th century com-badge specifically for my Class of Star Fleet Time Ships.

It comes from the episode "Relativity" in the ST Voyager series.

The class of ship is the Wells Class. My ship is the USS Pabilli (Relativitys sister ship)its the black thing inside the badge on the left. It fly's inside the shadow indicating the stealthy nature of time missions. When viewed by another it flies to the right always, and therefore is always right!

What looks like check marks or boomerangs are Rank Pips. 4 for a Captain on the right portion of the badge, they are in, what would be the upper portion of the swoosh, indicating respect. Only the Captains Badge has the optional Ship and Pips available, however Capt Braxton chose not to wear this variation. The swoosh is parallel to the horizon in the 29th century, showing it is aligned with that which is within view.

The swoosh from the Original Star Trek series has had a shadow placed under it, and it has now been turned on its side. It's gold plated with a silver shadow.

It is voice activated and no longer needs to be activated by touch, but it can be activated by touch if necessary.

Pabilli is latin, in this case meaning barrow, as in my quote
"Borrowed time is an eternal debt with compounding interest"
"Pabilli tempus vis an sempiterna debitum ita instruo impendium"
Capt Braxton is know for saying "Tempus Fugit" (time flees) in the episode

n0mad23

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Mine's the logo from the fictitious TitanWerks corporation, which in conjunction with ZanTar-Cheetah Transportation Ltd. creates the first industrial bases on the Moon.

One of these days I'm going to actually finish writing these novels....

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I wanted a better avatar last year, looked around on my computer and found a picture of a stormtrooper wearing a suit. It was pretty cool. :yes:

andre

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I thought it would be cool to put Roger as my avatar... an ET orbiting around...

Hlynkacg

Aspiring rocket scientist
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Just as my real name (plus initials) is also my username, my avatar is a picture of me from my time in the US Navy.

I was a helicopter Rescue Swimmer/Crewchief.

PeriapsisPrograde

Wannabe addon dev
Reaction score
I figured that I might as well make an avatar for the forum, and spent all of 2 minutes making it :p

Chub777

Reaction score
I just changed mine. My new avatar is STS-135 rolling out of the VAB (from the NASA website).

RichWall

Sage Brush
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Favorite band.

THE
BEST
ONE
EVER!!!(IMHO)

You can always win..That's what America is all about.

Or be third world.

Yea Beatles....or at least John..nah all of them...Life goes on..yea...

Last edited:

Arthur Dent

Absolutely Mental
Donator
Reaction score
Website
wasa.pottyland.de
I picked Doc Brown. He is a crazy guy who invented many things, but never finishes anything useful (until he put a Time Machine into a DeLorean). Just like me.

I have a handful of things made for Orbiter, but none of them are finished and/or presentable to the Orbiter community. Including a UCGO DeLorean ;)

GoForPDI

Good ol' Max Peck
Reaction score
Mine: Arguably, the greatest moment of the space programme! :p

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I just happened to find mine in a .rar archive of Tux avatars I downloaded.

Thunder Chicken

Fine Threads since 2008
Donator
Reaction score
Thunder Chicken is a common sobriquet in the ranks of the U.S. Air Force applied to their flight demonstration team, the Thunderbirds. If you look at their patch you might see why:

afg-050606-002.jpg

My current avatar image is a dragon stenciled on the propeller tips of a S-2 Tracker that I photographed at a local airshow a few years ago.

Last edited: