OHM Base Land Autopilot 2023-01-30

Topper

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Topper submitted a new addon:

Base Land Autopilot - landing autopilot baseland

Base Land Autopilot is an autopilot which can land almost every vessel on almost every celistial body with no or tiny athmothphere.

How to use:

- Fist, make sure a target has been selected - Use Ok to select, use MFD Shift + NUM Keys to Navigate throug the menue (EG. Base, Brighton Beach -> 1), confirm with ok. You can also use NAV beacon or Lon / Lat mode.

- Of course, your orbit should pass the aimed landing point as close as possible. However, the autopilot will do some correction if...

Read more about this addon...

Last edited:

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Nice. Will this work with the Space shuttle? Or vessels like a Lunar Module?

Topper

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
🤣
Space Shuttle: No, it has no Hover Engines for touch down and you would need the ET for braking in Lunar Orbit,... Ok I modified the description 😎

Lunar Module like: Definitely yes, I tested it with the deepstar lander, but I guess to remember there was trouble controlling the AMSO LM by the API but not sure... Maybe it was the NASSP LM...

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Lunar Module like: Definitely yes, I tested it with the deepstar lander, but I guess to remember there was trouble controlling the AMSO LM by the API but not sure... Maybe it was the NASSP LM...

NASSP's LM won't can't be controlled like this. Thankfully we have Luminary to do that for us 😁.

Reactions: GLS

Topper

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I just tested it with "deepstar 3 lander" but it's not working yet (however it works with older version). I guess I figured out why: The deepstar 3 lander has thrusters which are shared for pitch, yaw and roll, this cannot be handeled by the ap at the moment.

WingC3

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Hi @Topper et al, I realise there hasn't been any activity in a year, but does anyone know why I'm getting this error from an Orbiter 2016 install that is otherwise working fine?

Code:
============================ ERROR: ===========================
Failed loading module Modules\Plugin\BaseLandAutopilot.dll (code 126)
[Orbiter::LoadModule | .\Orbiter.cpp | 600]
===============================================================

Last edited:

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
The message is quite clear (once you learn what to read and what you can ignore):
a) The module BaseLandAutopilot could not be loaded; as it was not found in the usual place "Modules\Plugin\".
The name of the dll must not exactly match the name of the Module displayed in the Modules Tab, but usually it's quite similar.
b) The 2nd line is where the loading failed (line 600 of Orbiter.cpp) - in this case it is irrelevant.
So, BaseLandAutopilot.dll is missing (is not present in folder Modules\Plugin\.

WingC3

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I appreciate your desire to help, but that was frankly the first thing I checked before I posted here. I have been using computers for a while. The file IS there, and is named precisely that.
My understanding is that error code 126 is related more to missing dependencies of a named DLL. The problem is, it doesn't say what dependency it's missing. Hence the need for a post here.

WingC3

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
So, definitely looks like it's looking for VCRUNTIME140D.DLL and MSVCP140D.DLL. Any idea what year visual c++ runtime that is? I have the 2005, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2015-2022 redistributables installed... so I'm not clear how I might be missing that. Oddly, with all those different redistributables, I have vcruntime140.dll, vcruntime140_1.dll, vcruntime140_clr0400.dll and vcruntime140_1_clr0400.dll, but I do not have vcruntime140d.dll....

Last edited:

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
This "all-in-one" runtime package should include those.
From what exact Visual Studio Version "140" came from - I don't remember ;)
But the trailing "D" in the name indicates that the DEBUG Versions are needed. Whether those are incuded in the runtimes (link above): I also don't know.

WingC3

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
This "all-in-one" runtime package should include those.
From what exact Visual Studio Version "140" came from - I don't remember ;)
But the trailing "D" in the name indicates that the DEBUG Versions are needed. Whether those are incuded in the runtimes (link above): I also don't know.
Aren't developers not supposed to release apps with dependencies on the debug DLLs? Can you even get them without having Visual Studio installed? How is this MFD working for anyone??

nbcfrosty

Reaction score
Aren't developers not supposed to release apps with dependencies on the debug DLLs? Can you even get them without having Visual Studio installed? How is this MFD working for anyone??

You are right, it should have been built in release configuration before release. Luckily the code is included so I think someone can rebuild it.