Big Hello from The Netherlands

SilverStar

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am Fonz van der Linden from the Netherlands.
As a former Life support sergeant (24 years) I have developed an interest in flight simulators.
At the moment I work as an Internet Marketer and I'm busy to save money for a commercial space trip with http://xcormissions.com/
A part of the Astronaut (light) training is a flight with the L39 Albatros, to get used to G-forces. So in FSX I train with a L39 Albatros add-on.
Now I was kinda wondering if there will be a Xcor Lynx Mark II simulation for the Orbiter in the near future?
This space ship will be used for the commercial space flights...
Or is someone already busy to develop this space sim add-on for Orbiter?

Thanks in advance for the responses to my thread. :thumbup:

Fonz van der Linden

TachyonDriver

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Now I was kinda wondering if there will be a Xcor Lynx Mark II simulation for the Orbiter in the near future?........
Or is someone already busy to develop this space sim add-on for Orbiter?

Hello & welcome, SilverStar! :cheers:

If someone in the Orbiter community (an add-on developer) decides to make an add-on for the craft, then yes it will happen. If not, then there will not be an add-on sorry. (I'm not an add-on developer, so I cannot help). :(

SilverStar

Reaction score
Well, when the commercial spaceflights starts to happen as a reality...
Then I'm pretty sure an Orbiter add-on developer will get inspired,
and the Lynx Mark II add-on will become a reality as well.
It's just a matter of time. The demand for this add-on is yet not strong enough, though.
:blink:

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
There is a spaceship 2 and WhiteKnight 2 somewhere, I can't find it at the moment but I know it exists.

Welcome to the forums by the way! :welcome:

Last edited:

SilverStar

Reaction score
Aha, the Spaceship 2 and WhiteKnight 2 are from Virgin Galactic (Richard Branson)
The Lynx Mark II is from Xcor. Several space agencies are busy with this spaceship to get it launched. And this Lynx is the one I'm most interested in......
I'll wait before the add-on of this ship will be available here, no worries.. ;)

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
:hello:

I don't expect that anyone is working on the XCOR Lynx per se. However, there are add-ons that might let you get the approximate experience of the Lynx.

For starters, many add-ons by Greg Burch are very reminiscent of the Lynx in appearance:
http://www.orbithangar.com/searchauth.php?search=gregburch&StartRow=1

However, your best bet may be to try the XR-1:
http://alteaaerospace.com/index-3.html

It is supposed to represent a science fiction orbital (and beyond) spaceplane. However, XR vessels are very customizable. We on the forum can help you to tweak your configuration file to get the approximate performance of the Lynx. The XR series as an advantage as the systems modeling is very good.

IronRain

The One and Only (AFAIK)
Administrator
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.spaceflightnewsapi.net
Welkom op het Orbiter-Forum! Zoals al eerder gezegd zijn er nog geen Lynx add-ons beschikbaar, maar ik denk ook dat er meer interesse voor gaat komen zodra de echte vluchten plaats gaan vinden.

Welke versie van FSX heb je? De gewone of de Steam editie? Ik zit zelf ook vaak in FSX, wie weet kunnen we eens een multiplayer vlucht doen ;)

------------------------
Translation:

Welcome on the Orbiter-Forum! As mentioned earlier, there are no Lynx add-ons available, but I also think someone will make one as soon as the real flights are going to take place.

What version of FSX do you have? The normal or the Steam edition? I'm a (more then) regular FSX user myself, so maybe we could do a multiplayer flight sometime ;)

SilverStar

Reaction score
Last edited:

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
Wow, this is interesting stuff.....NICE!
Feel like a kid in a Space Candy Store...:woohoo:

Tell me about it.

I have been doing Orbiter for 4 years and I have a backlog of 4-5 GB of Add-Ons that I haven't even tried yet.

:lol:

SilverStar

Reaction score
:

Welcome on the Orbiter-Forum! As mentioned earlier, there are no Lynx add-ons available, but I also think someone will make one as soon as the real flights are going to take place.

What version of FSX do you have? The normal or the Steam edition? I'm a (more then) regular FSX user myself, so maybe we could do a multiplayer flight sometime ;)

Sounds good to me, I use the FSX version. But I have to tell you, I'm only flying with Cessna 172 and L39 Albatros. And still learning how to land properly. Most of the landing are good, but sometimes...........:blush:

Last edited:

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk