Body armor, sale in Europe?

simonpro

Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Rather strange question I know, but do any of you chaps know where I can purchase a ballistic vest, either from a store in Europe or somewhere that ships to the EU?
I have to go to a rather unsavoury part of the world in a few weeks and was shot at last time I was there: Would feel somewhat safer if I was at least marginally protected this time, unfortunately noone here has a clue about such things and I've just discovered I'm not allowed to use the one I was issued in the home guard. Apparently it's only useful for protecting me in Sweden.:blink:

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
have you had a look on Ebay ?

simonpro

Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I don't really trust anything for sale on ebay. I would be worried it's just a rip off fake.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I would ask a local security company, in Germany, most are sold by companies who also offer other security services.

http://www.ssb-shop.com/westen/schutzwesten/schutzwesten.html

And yes, they are legal and for sale in Europe, except in Hungary, where they had been banned last year as response to the riots.

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
A quick german google turned up this store.
There are more german stores selling this equipment. If you want, I'll digg deeper.
If your german is adequat to search for yourself, the term would be "Kugelsichere Weste".

simonpro

Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I'll look into those. Might make more sense to search in German, my english language searches were compounded by the multiple ways of spelling armor :p

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Or to a German shool? :lol:

Such vests don't help against knifes and German students. An adequate LART would be more effective. Or just taking the knife away, if you are not scared. Most of the kiddies are damn incompetent.

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
He will have to shoot you if he tells you

Belisarius

Obsessed with reality. Why?
Addon Developer
Reaction score
While you're at it, get yourself a taser and a pepper-gas spray. I think they're pretty effective for self-defence, at least at close range.

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
Well I am happy I live in england no need for a Kevlar vest Hear you just need a stab proof vest

Ghostrider

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Well I am happy I live in england no need for a Kevlar vest Hear you just need a stab proof vest

Kevlar protects you from stabbings too. But I hear that now that they're banning the "Wanted" and "Quantum of Solace" movie posters everybody will renounce violence and dance in the streets singing "kumbaya" under the benign eye of the CCTV cameras. :lol:

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
oh ok so a Kevlar vest Might be a good investment

simonpro

Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Los Angeles?
Rio de Janeiro?
South Africa?
Anything on these lists?

I guess no answer means "none of your business"

No. I'm travelling to Somalia, Kenya and Tanzania. The first is the one I'm bothered about.

While you're at it, get yourself a taser and a pepper-gas spray. I think they're pretty effective for self-defence, at least at close range.

Unfortunately they're useless at gun range, hence why I will also be taking a pistol.

A Kevlar Class III vest should be available at most security stores and some good gun stores. I know you can buy them in Switzerland, and France too.

Scandinavia only has rubbish gun stores ;)
Gun stores here sell nothing of use, in fact they mainly sell fishing equipment.

astrosammy

Dash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Maybe something super-modern :lol::lol::
180px-Pistolet-marine-19e-1.png
:rofl: